THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London Cup Draws

The London F.A. website now have their cup draws for this season online, although I have not received them oficially in the post yet.

In the First Round of the London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup, our FIRST TEAM are playing at Home to a team called 'A Small World' !
I have searched through the internet and various London F.A. handbooks but can't find anything about them at all, so they are either a new team or have changed their name from last season.
This game will take place on Sunday 18th September at Hazelwood and it will be our first Home game of the season.

If we get through to the Second Round (to be played on Sunday 13th November), we will be Away to either North West Neasden 'A' or a team called 'Nott Athletic' !
I will put more details about those two teams on the Latest Club News page when I update it.

Our RESERVE TEAM have been drawn Away to Bounds Green Springfield in the First Round of the London F.A. Sunday Junior Cup. This match will be played on Sunday 25th September.
Bounds Green Springfield are in the North London & South Herts Sunday League but I have no idea what Division they are in or how they did last season because their League website is crap and doesn't work properly !
However, I do know that they play at Muswell Hill Playing Fields, which is where we used to play in those Crouch End Vampires Summer 5-a-side Tournaments in the late-90's, so thankfully the Reserves do not have far to travel.

However they will be Away again in the Second Round if they get through, and one of their opponents (P.E.L.O. Reserves) play at Herne Hill Stadium in South London ! Their other possible opponents, Crayfield, appear to be a new team and I have no idea where they play.

With these County Cup matches both being played very early in the season, it makes it even more urgent that we sign up as many new players as possible before Sunday 11th September at the latest.
This is because any players who play for the First Team in the London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup (on the 18th) will then be ineligible to play for the Reserves in the Junior Cup on the 25th.

Text 07949 128505