THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 1st August)

The squad for our match against Trent Park Rovers 'tonight' (assuming everyone is reading this during the day on Monday !?) is as follows:
Daniel George, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Tony Speller & Foysol Ahmed...and that's it !!!

We definitely have no goalkeeper, as Ozel Ozerman is on holiday, Russell Beeden is working in Manchester, Darryl Johnson is working overtime and Simon Jackson is concentrating on playing cricket, and as for outfield players, Ritchie Copues and Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo both hobbled off injured in our 11-a-side match yesterday, Daniel 'Muzza' Muruako will only be there if 'Kizza' is playing, Gary Cokell is now definitely working, Scott Robertson is still struggling with an injury, Steve Cokell is definitely out injured, Robert Jackson cannot afford to pay £5.00 per match and Myron Mc,Kay appears to have left the club.

As for myself, I am likely to be having major dental surgery today (if I can get an appointment) and if so, I probably won't be well enough to drive and bring all the kit to the match in addition to phoning round chasing up players to play, so that creates another problem.
If that happens, players will just have to turn up of their own accord if they suddenly become available in addition to the five that are, and they will have to wear their own kit (tracksuit bottoms, etc.) and use Wildgoose's smelly fluorescent green bibs.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 1st August)

I definitely won't be there tonight. I couldn't get a dental appointment until Wednesday, so I am still suffering (although not as bad as yesterday).

I have left a message for Trev to phone me back, so hopefully he will get that and come round to get the kit, etc.

We still only have five players as far as I can see !?

Text 07949 128505

Trev has now come round and got the kit, so problem solved there.

He says Ritchie only came off as a precaution yesterday (which I didn't realise), so he should be playing and that will make it up to six players.

Trev wants to see one of our injured players volunteer to go in goal (i.e. Steve Cokell or Scott) and he says he will be annoyed if they don't put themselves out to do so when we only have to win this game tonight to win the League !

Text 07949 128505

I'll go in goal.

What Facking time are we playing? There are 2 references to dental appointments and none to kick off times, sort it out Lol!

So, you are one of the 50% who only read the Forum, and the other 50% only read the Latest Club News & Fixtures pages (because they are blocked from reading the Forum at work) !

The kick-off time is always on one or the other !

It's a bit late now, so I hope nobody turned up for an 8.30.p.m. kick-off instead !

Text 07949 128505