THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match (4th Aug)

The squad for this coming Thursday night's match against Enfield Bullets 'B' (8.30.p.m. kick-off) is currently as follows:
Eric Ibekwem, Conor Mc,Govern & Terry Moore...and that's it !!!

Chris Akinrele and Andy Warmerdam are on holiday, Nick Vertigans is working in Geneva, John Beasley has left and Paul Woolston is injured. Also, at the moment it looks as if Stuart Dorward (Family commitments), Chris 'Nugget' Beeden (Lack of motivation), Darryl Johnson (Working late) and Derek Dorward (Working late) are also unavailable.

We have already qualified for the Thursday Night 'Champions League' even before this final Group match takes place, so there is no harm in giving Reserve Team players a run-out (no matter how 'crap' they are) if First Team players are unavailable. Please let me know if you are a Reserve Team player who is willing and able to play in this match.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match (4th Aug)

Laurence how’s the search for players for tomorrow night? If it's bad I’m available. If I am needed can you please txt or ring me

Cheers

I'm in court all day.
Can I suggest Eric, Conor, Terry, Colin, Ritchie, Speller, Foysol.
Wooly should be fit by now and if not he can volunteer to go in goal like Steve did on Monday.
Stuart may also be available if we can contact him.
Steve Cokell may volunteer to go in goal again after his performance on Monday assuming he is not playing 5 a side due to his injury.

Errrrrrrrr......!

Eric is not playing. He texted me yesterday.
Speller and Steve Cokell are not available on Thursday nights. That's why they play on Mondays !
Foysol knows we need him and said he would text/phone me if he could play, but he hasn't. If he does so at 5.00.p.m. today (or whatever), then that's too late.
I texted Stuart yesterday to ask if himself and Del were available. He texted me back asking what time is kick-off...and that was it. I haven't heard from him since.
Wooly said he will be there to watch but will only play if we have less than seven and if his ankle is o.k., but at the moment it is definitely not !
Darryl said he would be there if he can get out of work at the last minute, but he thinks that is extremely unlikely.

I haven't spoken to Ritchie but he is normally there, so with Terry & Conor, it means we only have three definites.

Also, I WILL NOT BE THERE TONIGHT !
I am now on a course of anti-biotics for a tooth infection and I feel like shit. They wont take effect until tomorrow and at the moment I am too weak to drive.
Also, I do not feel like spending all day trying to find out if Reserve Team players want to play.

Trevor told me that he is working late tonight doing licensing visits after he gets out of Court and that he may not be there until after the kick-off.
Unless 'somebody' comes round to get the kit, water bottles, keepers gloves, etc. off me and is prepared to pay £26.00 to the bloke behind the bar out of their own money before Trev arrives and re-imburses them from the subs' tin, then we will not be able to play anyway.

I await your solutions !
If I do not get any by mid-afternoon, I will phone the Southgate Hockey Centre and call the game off/concede the points.
We can't leave it until the last minute because it is unfair on our opponents. We were annoyed when it happened to us.

Text 07949 128505

ok for tonight...Lol, I will come and pick up the kit etc in the next couple of hours. I cant stop though so if you can make sure its ready that'd be good.

O.K. Stu, I will sort that out.

Have just phoned Colin and he is trying to get Tem and Dan to play as well.
He will be relying on Dan's grandad for a lift though, so if Dan can't play, Colin (and Tem) will have to get a bus.

Text 07949 128505

Tem can't make the game tonight, he's already got plans made. I don't know about Dan as well.

Del is now playing, so I make the squad as Wooly (GK), Stuart, Terry, Del, Conor, Colin & Ritchie, which is 7 at least.

Text 07949 128505

Foysol is now playing as well.

Text 07949 128505