THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The other topic of note was that of the increasing number of bookings our players are receiving for

"The other topic of note was that of the increasing number of bookings our players are receiving for dissent in 7-a-side League matches at the moment. If that happened in 11-a-side matches, they would definitely be fined by the club if it was not sent in by the referee. Although we have not imposed any fines so far because of...ahem 'extenuating circumstances', players must try and cut out this dissent, especially if it involves swearing. From now on, players will be fined for bookings in 7-a-side League matches depending on the severity of the offence."

NON-FULFILMENT FOR ANY MATCH WILDGOOSE IS APPOINTED FOR MAY BE CHEAPER.

Re: The other topic of note was that of the increasing number of bookings our players are receiving

The thing is though, Scott...he makes bad decisions on a Thursday night but our First Team players accept it. They are not happy with some of them obviously and make their feelings known, but they don't CARRY ON ranting and raving at him like you, Ritchie, Speller and Steve Cokell do, and that is why it is only our Monday Night players who are getting booked (and should be fined in some of those instances in my opinion).
It also sets a bad example to Colin, Tem, Dan & Ozel, as they might think bollocking the ref is the norm and they will start doing it in Mercury Waltham League matches...and they will get an £8.00 fine from the F.A. if that happens.

You four seem to think Wildgoose is deliberately stitching us up and not giving bad decisions against other sides, but that is nonsence from what I have seen.
Anyway, he is not doing our game tonight...Bill is.
I expect Steve Cokell will now make a miraculous recovery from his groin strain !?

Text 07949 128505

Re: The other topic of note was that of the increasing number of bookings our players are receiving

Having said all that, we could have done with having Wildgoose ref our game yesterday.
He would have had all of their players off for dissent, the game would have been abandoned and we would still be in the competition !?

Text 07949 128505

ERRRRRRRRRRRR! I think I was booked for a foul! (well several to be honest!

I've never been booked for dissent, ever!, 5-a-side, 7-a-side or 11-a-side. (don't group me in with the other no brain whingers, anyway the biggest offenders on a Monday are 1st teamers - Speller & Cokey)

Get your facts right profit of dome!

Contrary to what you have said Lol, I can't stand dissent, I do however think that players are allowed to talk to the ref. This is not whingeing. On Sunday several rather tasty challenges were made by the opposition, if they were mentioned to the ref he would admit that he had missed the challenges because he was following play and they were so late. Not book the player for gobbing off. There is no reason to book someone for talking to the ref. You are making out like there is a general lack of respect for refs but when it comes to 11 a side there is very rarely any dissent from any of the reserves or from what I have seen, the first team either.

Ritchie, what happens in 7-a-side is Wildgoose misses a foul on one of our players (invariably you, Steve Cokell or Speller), so you, Steve or Speller (and Osborn when he played for us) then shouts out 'Ref, fucking hell, come on'. Wildgoose then stops the game and gives a free-kick against you for 'gobbing off', when of course no other ref we have ever had does that...they wait for the ball to go dead and then 'have a word' (as per normal refereeing guidelines) with play then continuing without a free-kick being given either way.
You then get even more annoyed and carry on the argument, without swearing at him, but real 'non-stop in yer face' stuff and that is when it becomes dissent and a bookable offence for undermining the referee's authority. That's the problem. Our Thursday Night players don't carry it on because they are all sensible enough to realise how far they can go with him.
You are right that we don't get bookings for dissent at 11-a-side and it's obviously because Wildgoose very rarely refs our 11-a-side matches, and when he does, he doesn't seem to use this 'gobbing off' rule for some reason.

Text 07949 128505

No scott your in the group of 'too useless and slow to put in a proper challenge and win the ball'.
Yes i admit i moan on a monday night but only at one referee,have u noticed that? the same goes with ritchie. Speller however as he knows moans constantly at both refs!
What i will say in my defence is that referees are there to also protect all players from dangerous useless twats like yourself scott who are usually so late in challenges they cause injury,i'm sure Conor would back me up on this one as would Wooly,all of us being victims of hoofers. So when i.e like monday night when a two footed LATE sliding tackle is deemed not a foul,yes i will lose my rag as i don't get paid for being off sick like many others who play.
As for Mr wildgoose and my mouthing off i actually usually try and talk to him and try and get him to explain why he makes his decisions,last monday i got booked for arguing about what trev said was 'one of his worst decisions he's made'(where the bloke fell over the ball very blatantly and he gave a foul).I've never been penalised by him for mouthing off apart from that and only been booked about 4 times ever. How many times u been booked Scottie? Not for mouthing off but for bad challenges!!!

Ginge - it's prophet of doom not profit of doom you big numpty

Stu,

Scott is right.

The famous saying from Osborn on the Forum was indeed 'profit of dome' (instead of prophet of doom)...an all-time Rovers classic that will never be forgotten. I'm sure it is in one of the scrapbooks somewhere alongside 'work colleges' (instead of work colleagues) and 'humble apologises' (instead of humble apologies).

Text 07949 128505

Stu' you tube!

You must remember Osborn's classic, cant beleave that, even four won seckond, ewe thawt Id make sutch a speeling mistook!

Up Yours Cokey!

Had the hump last week after being pushed into the railings first touch of the match, and don't particularly like that team so decided to put it about a bit.

Dont actually think I've been booked playing for Rovers(last Monday's 5-a-side match aside, Lol perhaps you can confirm) Have you Cock-ell?

And another thing!

Have only ever badly injured another player in challenges that weren't even given as free kicks.

I have never gone out deliberately to do someone unless the ball was there as well.

Go to 'The Past' section, then scroll down and click on 'Disciplinary Records'.

You will see Scott has been booked once in 52 appearances and Steve Cokell twice in 71 appearances.

I would have to look through the books to find out who they were against, when and what for.

Text 07949 128505

Talking of spelling cock-ups on the Forum, I can recall Steve Cokell anonymously putting a message on here titled 'Fashion Fopars' (instead of Faux Pas).

I have that one printed off in a scrapbook somewhere.

Text 07949 128505

Did anyone else notice that Scott thought Monday's match was 5 a side rather than 7 !!
Perhaps he thought he should have been sent off for so many fouls and Steve sent off for dissent.

no i don'tthink scott actually included himself as he has been playing like a complete plank last few weeks!

Admittedly up until a couple of weeks ago, I was the biggest culprit at gobbing off at the Ref's. The good Ref then warned me, before one of our games had even "kicked off"! That if I moaned at him once he would send me off!! Since then I have been very restrained and have stopped gobbing off...even when Wildgoose is refereeing!
Anyway! My 2 bookings were both for fouls! Get the facts right!!