THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 31st July)

The squad for our next Tournament match against Risden Wood's First Team this coming Sunday is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Chris Akinrele, John Beasley, Colin Bester, Gary Cokell, Steve Cokell, Derek Dorward, Stuart Dorward, Eric Ibekwem, Conor Mc,Govern, Terry Moore, Chris Morrish, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Anthony 'Ant' Roberts, Tony Speller, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam & Paul Woolston.

We have named a squad of 18 including some who may or may not be available, but hopefully they will let us know a bit earlier in the week this time !?

We have left Paul Ellerker out until such time as he informs us that his dog has been found, and we have also left out Chris 'Nugget' Beeden (who appears to be bored with football at the moment !?) and Simon Jackson (until such time as he tells us what 'Sorry...Unavailable' means every time we seem to pick him for a squad at the moment).

Those three are not the only culprits though, and we really need ALL those players who missed our last match on Sunday (when we only had a bare eleven and I had to play) to PHONE (not text) either myself, Trevor or Stuart TODAY (if possible) and let us know exactly what their situation is at the moment regarding general availability on Sundays and whether they might be able to make decisions a bit earlier in the week this time instead of on a Friday or Saturday.

We are determined to avoid this sort of thing happening every week as it did last season. Mass absences like this was the main reason that both of our teams ended up getting relegated.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 31st July)

Lol

It measn that it is the middle of the facking Cricket season, playing all day cricket on saturday and then playing on a sunday morning is likely to leave me in the situation of missing the start of the season proper thru injury. I thought for once that I should try to do the sensible thing !!!!!

Simon, can you give a date as to when you want to start playing again then (e.g. Sunday 18th September or the week after) ?

If I know we have only got one keeper before then, it will help me in arranging fixtures.

Text 07949 128505

As soon as competative cricket is finished, league finishes on : 3rd Sept, but we are in the quarters of the evening standard which has a final at the Oval on the 18th so I'll have to keep this date free at present, if we get there it would be great to have some support from the rovers after their match, great day out and lots of beer to be drunk !!!!

Simon, good luck with the cricket. I hope you haven't lost your place for the Evening Standard games after missing the last match though !?

At least your situation is now clarified though, and we MUST have more players doing the same.
Just to advise other players that where I put please PHONE myself, Trevor or Stuart, a message on this Forum or an e-mail will do as well, as long as it gives us a bit more of an explanation than 'Sorry...unavailable'.

Text 07949 128505

Can't make it - working again!

working this weekend sorry

Tony Speller has now arranged some family commitments and therefore dropped out for this Sunday as he thinks we will have enough players this week without him because we have named a squad of 18 !

Well actually, I would say that we only have seven at the moment, these being Chris Akinrele, Eric, Junior, Colin, Stuart, Conor & Terry Moore.

Gary Cokell & Del have already dropped out (in addition to Speller), Steve Cokell (Groin) and Wooly (Ankle) are currently injured, Darryl doesn't know if he can get out of work yet, Kizza may well find out the trains are not running (again) and we probably won't find out whether the other four (Warmerdam, Vertigans, Morrish & Roberts) are actually available or not until Saturday evening.

I am therefore going to call up Tem, Dan & Ritchie into the squad NOW before they say it is too short notice. Scott can also play if he is not still injured.
All other Reserve Team players are too unreliable.
(Can these four players please confirm their availability here ?)

I know this is supposed to be a First Team game and we are playing a Premier Division team, but there is NO WAY I am playing again !

Text 07949 128505

If I can get a lift I'm available

Re: Re: Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 31st July)

Lol, can make Sunday no problem. still not sure about Thursday.

Just to prove how unreliable I am, I can't make it Sunday. I know I haven't been called up because I am unreliable, but I just wanted to prove you can rely on me to be unreliable.

I thank you,

Murf

Murf,

I know you have been a Club Secretary/Manager before, so I'm sure you understand how frustrated I am when players can't play.
Steve Cokell and Scott have also done those jobs with other clubs so they will understand as well.

When a team has to 'non-fulfil' a fixture, it is always the Club Secretary/Manager who gets the blame.

Text 07949 128505

Laurence, I was only joking and practising my word skills ahead of match reporting this year....

The squad for this Sunday is now just a bare eleven consisting of:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Ritchie Copues, Chris Akinrele, Terry Moore, Daniel George; Colin Bester, Eric Ibekwem, Stuart Dorward, Tem Adil; Conor Mc,Govern, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo.

If anybody else is available (including 'half-fit' enough to be named as a substitute to come on for anybody who gets injured more than they are), please let me know !

Text 07949 128505

Still recovering, taking longer than I hoped, probably doubtful for Monday as well.

Murf', good to see your unreliability is reliable again.

a fat, overweight chidi is available as he has now returned from his honeymoon.

Yes, Chidi is on the registration list I gave the Tournament, so he can play.
Chris Morrish has also now got in touch and he can play, but he is not sure about Ant and the rest of his crew.

Text 07949 128505

Lol i will turn on sunday but i honestly don't know how the groin is, i haven't done a thing since last sunday to give it as much rest as possible,so i'll turn up have a little jog about and if its ok i'll play but any twinges i won't.
I don't really fancy my chances of playing so i suggest u put me down as not playing i'll turn up whatever tho.

News on players for tomorrow...

Chris Morrish.... Is NOT playing now as he injured himself playing 5-a-side again last night.

Peter White.....Texted me last night to say he is available if needed, but that was it. I have tried phoning Peter back to find out if he needs a lift and whether he can get any of Chris's mates (Ant Roberts, Richard South & Lee Ashton) to play, but I can't get any answer.

Kizza.....I have tried phoning him to find out how he is getting there, but his mobile phone has been cut off (i.e. the 20th one in the last 10 weeks he has used which has now run out of credit !?)

Dan George....Doesn't know he is in the squad (according to Colin), so I tried phoning him but got no answer.

Eric has confirmed that Chidi is coming, but if I can't get in touch with Dan, Kizza and Peter White, then we could well only have 10 men again and either myself or Steve Cokell will have to play.
That's the situation at the moment.

Text 07949 128505