THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 24th July)

The squad for this coming Sunday's match against Ventega Sports in Harlow is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Darryl Johnson (GK), Foysol Ahmed, John Beasley, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Colin Bester, Steve Cokell, Derek Dorward, Stuart Dorward, Paul Ellerker, Eric Ibekwem, Conor Mc,Govern, Terry Moore, Chris Morrish, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Anthony 'Ant' Roberts, Tony Speller, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam & Paul Woolston.

The only player unavailable for this match at the moment is Chris Akinrele (Social Commitments), although we have named a squad of 20 this time because of the sheer number of players who dropped out at short notice for our first match.
We have included both goalkeepers and we also have Shaun O'Neill available as well. There is actually a Tournament rule whereby players must have played in at least one match before they can play in the Final. Although it is unlikely that we will get that far, it would be really silly if Darryl Johnson (for example) played in all the matches up until the Final and was then unavailable for that...thereby forcing us to use an outfield player in goal, so it will make sense to give Darryl & Simon a half each if they are both available this Sunday and maybe even play Shaun in goal in our last group match ?

Regarding the venue we are playing at, apparently it is signposted as Maypole Sports Ground, but the U.G. Sports Ground is through the same entrance. The Maypole pitches are on the right and the U.G. pitches are on the left.
Pitch Two is the middle pitch of three over there and is apparently one of those where the edge of the penalty area is only a yard away from the touchline ! (Sounds like we have drawn the short straw !?)
Full details of how to get there are on the Fixtures page.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 24th July)

Foysol Ahmed is unavailable (again), so Gary Cokell has now replaced him in the squad.

Text 07949 128505

Sorry Lol, I will not be able to make it either.

Alright lads, can anyone help me out with a lift this weekend? To make things easier I can meet at, for exmaple Southbury.

We are now down to a squad of just 15 as Warmerdam, Del, Nugget & Junior have all dropped out in addition to Simon.

Presumably it us up to me to call somebody else up because Trevor cannot be contacted today ?

If so, I will put Dan George in the squad as he has been playing well at 7-a-side and deserves a chance of a run-out as he was left out last week.
Dan's grandad can then presumably give Colin a lift, and if they meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.15.a.m. I will give them a map.

Text 07949 128505

Paul Ellerker has now dropped out as well as he still hasn't found his dog, so that leaves us down to just 14.

Text 07949 128505

Am available in "extreme emergency/hot weather and the old boys are knackered" type of situation, Lol. However if you have 3 subs and the weather doesn't go totally tropical, you should be fine.

Also, what is going on, Osborn's spelling has been impeccable and Colin has started using the phrase "for exmaple".

Spoken to Dan's grandad and he can't give us a lift. Anyone else want to do it?

Colin, if you and Dan can get to the Southbury Leisure Centre for 9.15.a.m., either myself, Trevor or Kizza's mate (the bloke who was watching when he played against Percival ?) will give you a lift.

I don't think anybody else is meeting there. They are all going straight there.

Text 07949 128505

Gary Cokell has now dropped out due to family commitments, so we are back down to 14 again (including Dan).

I presume those 14 are all going to turn up, even though it will be pissing down with rain !?

Text 07949 128505

Doubt whether anyone will see this on a Saturday, but Nick Vertigans has now dropped out as well, and I have not heard from Darryl, Eric, Terry Moore, Chris Morrish and Ant Roberts. I am just assuming they have read the website and know they are in the squad.

If anyone who is not currently in the squad reads this, if they turn up at the venue in Harlow (or at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.15.a.m.), they will all probably get a game.

Text 07949 128505

Chris Morrish (Turned his ankle playing 5-a-side) and Ant Roberts (Family commitments) are the latest players to drop out.

Terry and Eric are both o.k., but Darryl is not answering his phone (as usual).

We only have 12 (including Darryl, Ritchie & Dan).

Text 07949 128505

Re: Re: Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 24th July)

Lol, my phone is facked at the Mo. Will be there Sunday.

Re: Re: Re: Squad for next Tournament match (Sunday 24th July)

You could still leave a message on the phone though!

Daaryl, I did leave a (text) message on your phone early this afternoon !
You must have changed your number from what I have got ?!

By the way, don't forget to bring those reels of black tape.

Text 07949 128505

I know its late but i presumed that i wern't in the squad anyway just seen the website. Not going to be able to make it. sorry