THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match

The squad for the First Team's next 7-a-side League match this coming Thursday against Different Gravy (7.30.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK) (To be confirmed), Stuart Dorward, Andrew Warmerdam, Paul Woolston, Nick Vertigans, John Beasley, Eric Ibekwem (If he can get out of work in time), Chris Akinrele, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo & Derek Dorward (If he is not working).

Conor Mc,Govern is on holiday, Terry Moore is still injured (and playing golf anyway), Richard Bates has now joined Division Six side Broxbourne Athletic (so we will not use him for 7-a-side ahead of players who want to play for us on Sundays), Greg Buck is no longer available for 7-a-side matches due to other commitments and Chris 'Nugget' Beeden will be up in Manchester visiting his brother Russell, who along with Simon Jackson (Family Commitments) is therefore unavailable to play in goal.

If Darryl Johnson has to work (again), then we will once again be left without a keeper (as usual !?). If two or more players out of the above 10 drop out during the day on Thursday, then we will call up Chris Morrish and Anthony 'Ant' Roberts to the squad to replace them (as long as they are both able to turn up at such short notice).
If they cannot play, then we will either have to look at getting some more ex-Everest players along or to use Reserve Team players from the Monday Night squad.
'Ant' was not at training on Sunday 10th July due to social commitments, but was there the week before and looked good enough for a run-out with the First Team. He has played for Enfield Rangers Youth in the past and is a forward, which is what we need with Conor missing this match.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next Thursday Night 7-a-side Match

Will be there.

Nick Vertigans is now unavailable and I am still trying to find out what Del is doing.

I am also wondering whether Chris Akinrele drives and is relying on Eric for a lift (from Wanstead) ?
If Eric cannot play at the last minute, then we may have a problem there.

Is the Piccadilly Line running to Oakwood Station from anywhere at the moment ?

Can Chris Morrish let us know whether himself and 'Ant' can play on Thursday night at short notice if we phone/text them as late as 5.30.p.m.'ish ?
Eric...that will have to be your deadline for letting us know.

Text 07949 128505

It's only running from Arnos Grove.

chris will b relying on me for a lift but i should b able to make it on time for 7.30.
see you thursday.

Now Junior has dropped out, we only have eight players for tonight.
These are Darryl (GK), Wooly, Stuart, Warmerdam, Eric, Chris Akinrele, Kizza & Del.

There is quite a strong possibility that one or more of those eight might also drop out at the last minute because they cannot get there in time for a 7.30.p.m. kick-off, and in this heat we do NOT want to have just seven players and no substitutes.
I have tried to get Chris Morrish, but he is house-hunting tonight. He will ask 'Ant' Roberts if he wants to play, but I will be surprised if he turns up of his own accord when he doesn't really know any of us. Only myself, Eric & Chris were at the training session he attended a couple of weeks ago.

I know it is supposed to be a First Team match tonight and Stuart is worried about Reserve Team players coming into the squad and 'cocking things up' by doing 'Osborn impersonations', but I think Sunday's Tournament match (11-a-side) is far more important and if we lose tonight it is not a disaster.
We MUST try and get a squad of 10 for tonight, otherwise our players are going to do some real damage to themselves if they play a full 50 minutes in this weather.

The first two Reserve Team players to phone/text me or leave a message on here will therefore be in the squad for tonight...unless Stuart says he has found two more ex-Everest players who might want to join us next season and can play tonight !?

Text 07949 128505