THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 7th July)

The squad for this coming Thursday's match against Enfield Bullets 'B' is as follows:
Russell Beeden (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Nick Vertigans, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, John Beasley, Eric Ibekwem, Conor Mc,Govern & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo.

If any of the above players are unavailable, then one or more of the following will be called up to replace them (subject to availability themselves):
Richard Bates, Greg Buck, Terry Moore (Although he should be resting an injury), Chris Akinrele (Eric's mate who came training on Sunday) & Derek Dorward (If he is not working).

The only players we have actually spoken to since the last match two weeks ago are Russell, Kizza, Eric & Terry Moore.
We tried phoning Stuart to discuss availability but got not answer, while Junior & Conor have not been on the Forum for ages, which is unusual for them !

If most of the squad we have named here turn out to be on holiday or decorating their houses (as I suspect), there are plenty of Reserve Team players we can call up at the moment, although that will not be ideal as Enfield Bullets 'B' are a good side.

We would rather First Team players play in this match and do their D.I.Y. on Sunday instead of attending training.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 7th July)

As expected, we have a few players unavailable.

At the moment, these are Warmerdam, Bates & Buck, but we have not heard from Wooly, Nugget or Junior yet.

I have just texted Eric to get his mate Chris to play as a replacement for Warmerdam.

What is Del doing at the moment ?
He hasn't signed the League Multi-Registration Form yet and I still have his Player Of The Year trophy that he left behind at the A.G.M.
That reminds me...I must go out and buy some super-glue first !

Text 07949 128505

I will be there tomorrow.

Wooly has also confirmed his availability, as has Chris Akinrele (Eric's mate) to replace Warmerdam, so we are just waiting on Nugget now.
I will phone him this evening...unless Russell has already done so ?

Text 07949 128505

Re: Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 7th July)

I can make Thursday if you need me.

Yes, Darryl. Russell would rather you play in goal.

Regarding Nugget, Russell has just phoned him and he will make a decision tomorrow. As usual, it depends on how much work he has got on and whether he feels like it.
He normally ends up playing though, so as long as Kizza doesn't get lost again trying to find the Southgate Hockey Centre, that's our squad of 10 more or less finalised.

Text 07949 128505