THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 4th July)

The squad for our first Monday night 'Nearly Champions League' match this coming Monday (8.30.p.m. kick-off against opponents still T.B.A.) will be announced at the end of our training session on Sunday morning as it may depend on who is in attendance at that.

We will definitely need a goalkeeper though, as Simon is on holiday.

I will put the squad on the Forum (and the fixtures page on the website) on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 4th July)

i should be able to get matt to play.

I won't be training tomorrow as I want to rest my injury so that it is ok for monday night. Unless you need me to be there.

Following training this morning, I can now confirm that the squad is as follows:
Matt Morter (GK), Ritchie Copues, Lee Osborn, Tony Speller, Scott Robertson, Foysol Ahmed, Gary Cokell, Steve Cokell, Colin Bester & Daniel George.

The players who have been left out for this match are mainly those who did not turn up to training without a reasonable excuse (in the opinion of myself and Russell Beeden).
Although Foysol was supposed to have been at training, he was our best player last Monday so he keeps his place ahead of others who were not at training.

If any of the above 10 players drop out, then Tem Adil will be the next in line to come into the squad.

Kizza sent me a text message saying that he wasn't at training because his car broke down, so we have not named him in the squad this week in case he is still stranded in Kent (or wherever he is living at the moment).

Text 07949 128505

Matt is due to be working late this evening and won't know if he can get out in time until late this afternoon.

I don't think Russell is coming tonight, so we may need a volunteer to go in goal again as there is nobody else.

Text 07949 128505

If matis still a no no then i will go in if you want

Russell is definitely not coming tonight as he has other things to do and is also aching too much from yesterday !
He will go in goal on Thursday night though.

Apparently Simon has NOT gone away on holiday. He cancelled it for some reason.
He wasn't at training yesterday because of 'other commitments' and has told Russell he is unavailable for 7-a-side on both Monday & Thursday this week even though he is off work and at home.
He did say to me a few weeks ago that if ever any keeper drops out for a 7-a-side match half-an-hour before kick-off to give him a phone and he will come over and play at the last minute as he only lives 'down the road', so we could try that if Matt drops out...but then if we leave it that late and Simon doesn't play, we will only have 9 men (unless Tem turns up anyway).

I think we need you as an outfield player though, Gary !

By the way, I have now found out that we are playing J.G.L. tonight. They drew 3-3 with Crazy Horse last week which wasn't good enough for them to finish in the top four.
They are the team who didn't turn up when we were supposed to play them in the Qualifying Group stage, but that's the only time they have done that so far, so they should be there tonight !

Text 07949 128505

haven't heard from matt so far so i would assume he can't play. have you tried darryl lol?

I'll try Darryl & Simon, but Tem says he doesn't mind going in goal.

What do we do if we get one of them, then Matt turns up at the last minute though ?

Text 07949 128505

matt won't turn up last minute.darryl is getting back to me.