THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 27th June)

The squad for the Reserve Team's next 7-a-side League match against Shadwell this coming Monday night (8.30.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Tony Speller, Ritchie Copues, Scott Robertson, Tem Adil, Daniel George, Steve Cokell, Foysol Ahmed, Myron Mc,Kay & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo.

We have put 'Kizza' in the squad for this match as we have not been scoring enough goals on Monday nights, while Scott returns to the squad as he played well in his last match. We have left Colin Bester out this week as 'punishment' for 'walking off to the car park' in our last Monday Night match (and he played for the First Team last night anyway), while Lee Osborn has been left out because he has played every game so far and we want to give somebody else a chance on this occasion. (He can also buy himself a pair of proper Astroturf boots in the meantime !!).
Gary Cokell is still unavailable due to work commitments (although he would have been named in the squad as well...ahead of someone else...had he been available).

We need to win this match to have any chance of finishing in the top four of the Monday Night League and qualifying for the 'Champions League'.

Please note that the First Team do not have a match next Thursday night (30th June).

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 27th June)

Just wondering whether at least one out of Tarby, Colin and/or Osborn are coming along tonight anyway (and bringing their boots) even though they are not in the squad at the moment ?

This is because Kizza, Myron and Foysol normally have to be phoned on the day of the match in order for them to turn up, but I can't be arsed to do that as it is not the club rules. They all know that and should be turning up of their own accord or phoning me to find out if they are in the squad if they have not looked at the website.
I am using tonight as a test of their commitment as we have seven 'definites' anyway.
Somebody else can phone them if they want, but I am too busy to keep doing that !

Text 07949 128505

Kizza is playing...he looked at the website.

Tarby has just phoned Myron and Foysol. He had to leave a message on Myron's voicemail but he managed to speak to Foysol, who thought it was a 7.30.p.m. kick-off and would have turned up an hour early if we hadn't have phoned him !

Text 07949 128505

I can't believe Osborne isn't playing, That is bang out of order, I was going to ask him for a lift.

Also, in answer to Lol's accusation that my tackles are a bit tentative that is because I have never seen the point in booting the opposition up in the air in seven a side, and more often than not other players marking of the opposition is so lax that you don't want to fully commit to a challenge as you know you will have to turn and attempt to pick up the spare man who has just come wandering up the pitch unchecked.