THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 23rd June)

Please note that this Thursday's match against The Quays is a 7.30.p.m. KICK-OFF. (They have now changed the kick-off times to 7.30 and 8.30.p.m. for Thursday night League matches). Meet on the balcony at 7.00.p.m.

We have NO GOALKEEPER available whatsoever as Simon Jackson is away on business in Jersey, Russell Beeden will be up in Manchester and Darryl Johnson is working late (as usual).

The rest of the squad is as follows:
Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, Terry Moore, Nick Vertigans, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, John Beasley, Eric Ibekwem & Conor Mc,Govern.

If any of the above cannot play, then Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo will be brought into the squad.
Richard Bates is on holiday and Greg Buck is training with Data (as far as we know).

If anybody knows a goalkeeper who can help us out for this game, please let us know as soon as possible.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 23rd June)

Terry Moore has dropped out as he is playing for his work team this Thursday night.
I will therefore try and get Kizza to play, which means one of the midfielders will have to cover for Wooly, Stuart & Warmerdam in defence.

There is still no sign of us getting a keeper.
What about Gary Cokell though ?...or is he working again or playing 5-a-side with Steve ?

Text 07949 128505

I don't mind donning the No 1 jersey.

cant play tomoro.
dont finish work til late

At the moment we only have 6 players for tonight...which is Junior (in goal), Stuart, Conor, Warmerdam, Nick Vertigans and Wooly.

Nugget says he finishes work at 7.15.p.m. and will then see how he feels. He says this every week and normally turns up, but I can't say I would like to be window-cleaning all day in this heat !
He said if he does turn up he doesn't mind going in goal for one half if Junior wants a run-out on pitch.

If Nugget turns up we will have seven but that is not good enough.
In my opinion we will have to call up THREE so-called 'inferior' Reserve Team players for tonight's match as we cannot have a squad of just 7 (or even 6) in this sort of weather.

Kizza is unavailable. I just spoke to him and he is on his way to France for the day and is coming back tomorrow morning.

Stuart...you will have to give me a phone about this so that we can decide who to call up. There is no point trying to get hold of Trev.

Dedman and Scott didn't play on Monday night. I would try them first (to be fair).

Text 07949 128505

i can help you out tonight if you want..

sorry lol lates till tuesday

Stuart has now dropped out as well due to family commitments (babysitting) so we are down to five.

I have just texted Colin, Ritchie, Scott, Dedman and Speller.
Hopefully at least two of them will be able to play.

If two of those five confirm before 5.00.p.m. that they CAN'T play or if only two confirm before that time that they CAN, then I will leave a message on here for Stocky to turn up and play if he wants.

Text 07949 128505

Colin, Ritchie and Dedman have all now confirmed that they can play tonight, although Ritchie said he doesn't mind dropping out if Scott, Speller, Nugget and a proper keeper all turn up as well (which is unlikely of course).

Simon...I will ban that I.P. address you are using in Jersey at the moment if you carry on !

Text 07949 128505

il c if i can get off from work early if u guys are still struggling.
wont b able to findout til 5 tho.

anyone think of any good excuses for having to leave work early???????????????

Stuart has now got out of his babysitting duties and is playing, so we have 9 definites now (not including Nugget or Eric).

Eric, I don't know when you normally leave home to get to the Southgate Hockey Centre, but if you manage to get out of work early it is best to give me a phone as late as possible to see if anybody else has dropped out.

Text 07949 128505

Lol

I have no facking idea about what you are on about, if you could email me to discuss the matter I would appreciate it, there does not seem to be anything on the forum that is out of hand away?????

cheers

Simon,

This is somebody calling themselves 'Rambo' putting comments about asylum seekers on the Forum...which I have to keep deleting.
As it wasn't an I.P. address I recognised I thought it might have been you, but if it wasn't then I apologise.

By the way, are you available to play in goal on Monday ?
There is no game on Thursday next week.

Text 07949 128505

Talk to me Johnny.....

Yes I take play monday night