THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 20th June)

The squad for this coming Monday night's match against A.F.C. Bush Hill Park (7.30.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Matt Morter (GK), Lee Osborn, Ritchie Copues, Gary Cokell, Steve Cokell, Tony Speller, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Daniel George & Myron Mc,Kay.

This is assuming that Matt remembers to turn up this time and Gary Cokell is back from holiday ?!
If Gary is not available, then Foysol Ahmed will come into the squad to replace him.
Scott Robertson is the only 'regular' unavailable as far as we know.

Looking at the Monday Night League Table, a win from this game will ensure 'Champions League Qualification' for our Reserves with a game to spare (i.e. Finishing in the top four), so hopefully everyone will turn up for this one.

Also, just to let everyone know that our Thursday Night team lost 4-2 to Casuals 'A'.
I won't have time to update this on the website until Friday afternoon.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Monday 20th June)

working tomorrow as yet don´t know what time so will confirm in the morning.

sorry can't play later

We have definitely got NO GOALKEEPER either for tonight's match or Thursday night's match.

Matt is not on the internet and didn't know he was in the squad so has arranged to do something else, Simon is in Jersey on business until Friday, Russell is in Bournemouth today and in Manchester on Thursday and Darryl has a work meeting tonight and is unlikely to get out before 7.30.p.m.

I had an e-mail a few days ago from a prospective goalkeeper named Federico Pastor.
His e-mail read as follows: 'Hi, I was wondering if you would like to give me a go in your 7-side competition to see me playing for an option to sing later on for the next season. Regards F. Pastor
Although it sounds as if he thinks we are a Church choir, we could give him a run out tonight, but he didn't leave a phone number.
I initially e-mailed him back telling him to come to Tarby's proposed 3rd July training session, but I have not had a reply from that yet.

Regarding outfield players, I have texted Foysol to tell him he is in the squad to replace Gary Cokell, but we also have 'Kizza' wanting to play tonight. If I tell 'Kizza' to come, we will have 10 outfield players and no goalkeeper, so somebody out of those 10 will then have to volunteer to go in goal...and if they turn up wearing studes or blades they WILL be in goal !!!
If Darryl (or any other 'proper' keeper) turns up unexpectedly or if I am 'forced' to go in goal, then an outfield player will have to drop out completely.
It would help if Foysol texted me back to confirm his availability though !

That's the situation at the moment.

Text 07949 128505

Foysol has now confirmed that he is available.

I have not phoned 'Kizza' back yet, so if anybody knows a keeper they can bring along, please do so.

Text 07949 128505