THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre-Season Friendlies

Following on from Tarby's post about training on the 3rd July, if we are going to have a lot of current and/or prospective players not getting a game at 7-a-side, we could actually enter the Risden Wood Tournament which starts on Sunday 17th July. This will give us a full 90-minute match every Sunday for at least three weeks (and into mid-August if we progress past the group stage).
To read about the Tournament go to http://www.risdenwoodfc.com/pst2005.htm

Also, there are going to be two Thursday nights coming up where we will not have a game because of Mc,Kenzie Rangers being thrown out, so it will help players keep fit if we are doing something on a Sunday instead.
It will also be beneficial for people like Paul Ellerker & Peter Murphy who probably wouldn't travel all the way from Hitchin and Billericay for a training session but they would do for a match.

There are a real variety of different standard teams entering the Tournament, so we could field a team each week depending on who the opposition are. This will then give everyone a chance of a run-out.
The games are going to be played at the Met. Police Ground in Chigwell (on the A113) which is very near to where Wooly, Junior and Eric all live.

We did not enter this Tournament last year because we were struggling to find players for 7-a-side and thought it would be too much of a risk, but things appear to be different this year.

Does anybody think this is a good idea ?

I also need all players to e-mail or text me their holiday dates or any other dates over the next 2-3 months that they are unavailable.
Stuart...can you confirm when your Cricket trip to Manchester is and who is going ?

Text 07949 128505

Re: Pre-Season Friendlies

I'm interested in playing but prob cant make every week. The cricket is on weekend of 13th/14th Aug.The same people as last year Lol as we have the same tickets...I think its...me, Del, Tarby, Conor, Lee, The Cokells, Junior, Speller, Buckley (dont think that matters!!) Rebairo (def doesn't matter) there may be 1 or 2 others but I haven't got my list of who went last year.

sure you don't want a friendly with shadwell?????????

Stocky, if you can sort out St. Margaretsbury's pitch for a Sunday morning then yes, as you are not going to get a pitch anywhere else. The goalposts don't go up on Enfield Council pitches until 1st September.

We can't plan a date yet if we go in Risden Wood's Tournament though because we don't know how far we might progress.
The Final is at Bishops Stortford F.C. on either the 21st or 28th August.

Text 07949 128505

Not sure what happened to my first message but I'm interested in the pre-season 11 a side tournie thing if required. No hols away booked as yet.

Ta,

Murf