THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hazelwood For The Reserves This Season !

I have just spoken to the Pitch Bookings person at Enfield Council regarding a pitch for our Reserve Team this season.

She says that Pitch 3 at Bush Hill Park will not be available because there are still drainage problems with it...despite what Rebairo seems to think from going over there and looking at it from time to time ! All the other pitches over there are fully booked up.

However, the other men's pitch at Hazelwood (Pitch 2) is available for us to use on alternate weeks. Apparently it was only hired out on a casual basis to teams last season because of initial concerns over poor drainage, but in the end they didn't have a problem because of the unusually dry winter.
I have therefore agreed for our Reserves to use this other pitch at Hazelwood on alternate weeks and take a risk that we will not have a bad Winter.
The woman at the Council has assured me that Pitch 6 at Albany Park will be kept available as a spare pitch just in case Pitch 2 at Hazelwood becomes permanently unplayable again during the course of the season.

The reason I have taken the decision to get both teams playing at Hazelwood is because of the problems we had last season with too many players dropping out at the last minute virtually every Sunday morning.
I will ask the League Fixture Secretary to put our First Team at Home on the same day as our Reserves are at Home as much as possible.
I'm sure this will benefit us greatly this season and reduce the chances of our Reserves having any more non-fulfilments.

Text 07949 128505

Re: Hazelwood For The Reserves This Season !

Well done Lol'