THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 26th May)

Trevor & Stuart were supposed to be sorting out a squad for 7-a-side tomorrow night, but I have heard nothing from them as yet. Presumably they have been too busy with work & family commitments ?

We may not have a goalkeeper as it looks as if Lorin Chiotea is now back in Rumania, while Simon is currently working in Japan ! and Russell is in Manchester.

Regarding outfield players, we are trying to avoid a situation this Thursday where 'quality' new players are 'persuaded' to play (with a view to hopefully joining us next season), only to find we are fielding a weakened side including various 'has-beens' or youngsters who 'don't know what they are doing'....as happened last week by all accounts, which was why we lost 3-0. (I wasn't there, but this is what I have been told).
It is a major problem that Conor and Del cannot play at the moment because of work commitments, while the 7.00.p.m. kick-off may rule out others this week. (e.g. Nugget, Wooly & Eric ?)

It all depends on how many players Stuart can get from Everest to play, and whether the likes of Nugget, Wooly & Eric can confirm NOW if they are going to be able to get there from work in time.

What about Junior though (now that he has got a car) ?
Does he fancy a game tomorrow night ?

If we are in a situation where we only have three 'First Team/Premier Division-quality players available tomorrow night (e.g. Stuart, Warmerdam and one other...as looks likely at the moment), then it might be a better idea to field a squad of players as follows who we KNOW are going to get there for a 7.00.p.m. kick-off. (e.g. A mate of Colin's in goal, Ritchie & Tom Dell in defence, Colin, Tem & Tshinkobo Christian Bulambwe (a triallist) in midfield and Dan up front, with another mate of Colin's as sub...to come on for Ritchie when his ankle goes after 5 minutes).
It doesn't matter what the score might be...at least they won't all be bollocking and arguing with each other !

Text 07949 128505

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 26th May)

If you fancy a walk round the fire station to see if my jacket is still there then I will play for you tomorrow.

I'm really hoping to be available for tomorrow & have already spoken to Stu about it. Unfortunately, I won't know until the afternoon - it's 6 o'clock now & I'm still at work & haven't left before 7:30 all week. I'm gonna give Stu a call tomorrow afternoon as soon as I know.

Lol, I've spoken to one of my mates and he say's he's coming. Best if you can ring Tom and Dan To find out if they are available

Cheers

I have now spoken to Stuart & Trevor and the squad for tomorrow night is as follows:
Russell Beeden (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Andrew Warmerdam, John Beasley, Conor Mc,Govern, Eric Ibekwem, Greg Buck, Richard Bates & Terry Moore.

We have named Conor, Eric and Greg in the squad despite all of them being 50/50 at the moment due to work commitments. Hopefully at least one of them will be able to play.
'Nugget' has ruled himself out this week as he has too much work on, while Kevin Dedman & Colin Bester both played on Monday night.
Ritchie Copues did not play on Monday night and should be available to play at short notice if needed.

Richard Bates is another ex-Everest player (and one of their better ones) and Terry Moore is the boyfriend of one of Stuart's wife's friends. Terry's brother Barry played for Hampton & Richmond Borough in the Ryman League Premier Division and for Hayes in the Conference. Terry admits he is not up to that standard, but there are obvious similarities there to Marco & Paul Ellerker. Marco played in the Ryman League Premier Division, and if Terry is half as good as Paul, then he will be a useful signing.
His brother is currently playing professionally in the USA where Terry Phelan is his Manager.

As for the goalkeeping situation, Russell is NOT in Manchester (he didn't go in the end !), so he will be there on Thursday night to go in goal if we cannot get anybody else.

Finally, just a reminder that there is no game this coming Monday as it is a Bank Holiday.

Text 07949 128505

In answer to Colin's message, we now have enough First Team/Premier Division-quality players for tomorrow night.

We don't have a game this coming Monday, but if I was picking the squad for our next Monday night match I would drop all those that were doing the 'bollocking' and play all the youngsters (including your mate) plus Ritchie.

Russell is supposed to be the Monday Night Team Manager and picking the squad but he is hardly ever there and Trev doesn't want to pick the squad either (although he is prepared to be Manager on the night if Russell isn't there).
However, I spoke to Russell this morning and he agrees with me in that we MUST stamp out all this crap where players try to blame others for their own mistakes.

Text 07949 128505

Okay I'm good - I will be there

Eric has dropped out as he cannot change his shift at work.
Russell tells me that Greg Buck is playing, so we should have nine.

Text 07949 128505

I am coming over any way so I will bring my boots just in case and contrary to your comments regarding my ankle it was fine last week, but I am hardly likely to be fit for the coming season if I am never picked on a Monday and only used in emergencies on a Thursday.
Also Lol where did you get the warped idea of playing the youngest team in the world plus me? Was this just one of your subtle ploys to shock people into turning up or have you gone completly mad?

I would have played.

Lol I as only in Japan for a couple of weeks and would happily have helped out if you were struggling.