THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next season

Trev / Lol,

This is to let you know that I will not be signing up for next year. If you want to know the reasons I will be happy to discuss this at the AGM.

Re: Next season

I know the reasons as you put them on your questionnaire...unless there are now some more !?

What I put in the questionnaire does cover all my reasons for not signing up. I will be joining a new team next year, not in the same league as Rovers.

Who ya joining then Junior, or can you not say until passing the medical and agreeing personal terms !!!

I am joining a team called Rolls Park. Sara's cousin plays for them and I can walk to home matches (it's only about 3 miles - a mere stroll for me)

Rolls Park finished second in Division Two of the East London Sunday League this season and will presumably be in Division One next season. The East London Sunday League don't have a Premier Division, so Division One is the top Division, then there are just two Divisions below that.

Here is the link: http://full-time.thefa.com/gen/DisplayNotice.do?id=2981116

...then click on 'Second Division'.
Click on 'Rolls Park' in the table to see a list of their results.

I notice that they lost 4-1 to Dysons Rovers in the London F.A. Sunday Junior Cup !

They sound like suitable Pre-Season Friendly opponents for us then, Junior. Can they get a pitch in August ?

Apparently they only had nine men when they lost to Dysons. When I sign up I will ask the manager if he wants a friendly against Rovers - I know they play over the Peter May centre. To be honest I don't think they go in to pre-season friendlies that much. I think they would give Rovers a reasonable game depending on who plays for you (if it was the Rovers of two/three years ago with Marco and Peter then you would beat us comfortably, then again you could apply that to most teams)