THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reserve Team Squad for this Sunday (17th April)

'Caretaker Manager' Russell Beeden has named a RESERVE TEAM squad of 16 for this coming Sunday's Division Four match at Home to Tolmers which (and PLEASE NOTE !) is being played on Pitch 4 at ENFIELD PLAYING FIELDS (Donkey Lane end changing rooms) and NOT at Albany Park.

The squad is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK), Tem Adil, Foysol Ahmed, John Beasley, Russell Beeden, Gary Cokell, Steve Cokell, Kevin Dedman, Terry Deller, Daniel George, Barry Matthews, Myron Mc,Kay, Peter Murphy, Lee Osborn, Scott Robertson & Peter White.

We actually have a total of 25 players available this week who are eligible to play in this match, so Russell has found it really difficult to decide who to pick and who to leave out. He has decided that Simon Jackson and Kevin Dedman will be his two allowable First Team players, but he has also included John Beasley, Gary Cokell and Steve Cokell in the squad as none of them have played in 'more than two out of the last four First Team matches' (the League rule) and therefore deserve a run-out, especially Steve (to regain his fitness after returning from his 6-month backpacking excursion) and Gary (who has been forced to play in goal recently and was an unused substitute for the First Team last Sunday).

Despite that, we still have a number of players unavailable for this match who would have been in the squad, namely Tony Speller, Chris Morrish & Colin Bester (All due to Social/Family Commitments) and Ritchie Copues & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (both out injured).

As the First Team have now finished their fixtures, I will be there to put the nets up and film the match. However, I doubt whether there will be any hooks on the crossbars at Enfield Playing Fields, so if anybody has got a pair of stepladders they could bring, they will definitely come in handy ! (I lost mine at Ashton Playing Fields in Woodford during a Pre-Season Friendly a couple of seasons ago !)

We will also need another volunteer to act as Club Linesman (Ritchie ?) and also someone to take all the kit, nets, balls, etc. round to Tarby's after the game as I might have to 'shoot off' straight away afterwards to film a Cup Final at Thurrock F.C. and will not be able to leave it all in my car while I am filming. (Trevor might not be there on Sunday as he is going to a Christening).
Cheers

Re: Reserve Team Squad for this Sunday (17th April)

Good luck lads. Sorry i can't make it. on holiday in Valencia. See you all for the 7-a-side. Any news on when that starts/what days it'll be etc., Lol?

1978 - Welsh Grand Slam. Pope Dies. Liverpool win European Cup 2005 - Welsh Grand Slam. Pope Dies. ???

1981 - Prince Charles gets married. Ken and Deirdre marry on Cornation Street. A new Dr Who is appointed. Liverpool win European Cup 2005 - Prince Charles gets married. Ken and Deirdre marry on Cornation Street. A new Dr Who is appointed. Liverpool win European Cup????

Time to head to the bookies

You Kant!

You northern kant! Please make more use of comma's and full stops.

I think Scott was referring to Chris winding me up about when the 7-a-side League starts !? (It's on the Latest Club News page)

Wrong Lol, he was reffering to you !!!

I am very sorry but I will have to pull out which probably disappoints me more than the team bearing in mind the numbers available. My bruv is over from Sing (haven't seen him for over a year) just for this weekend so I hope you understand.

By the way, despite injury and then diary problems, I do intend to be a regular next year.

Cheers and have a good summer,

Murf

Cheers Murf you've made my selection easier.I was actualy going to start you this weekend but it's still good that you are going to play next year as I think we have missed you a whole lot over the last few months.

Tarby,

Sorry, but I am going to have to withdraw from the squad for this Sunday. Got too much to do and I will also be missing the Snooker night as well.

Junior is this a wind up ?

No

Cheers, Tarby, for your bon mots. I've missed playing though most of it was through the broken toe. I'm keen for next season and, as my son gets older, the more I am available.

Cheers again,

Murf

After chatting to my mum last night she as arranged me something so I can be available this weekend. I know I have left it really late and will understand if I’m not in the squad but I will still be there up to show my support.

Colin, you will only be able to play if either Simon or Dedman drops out, as you have played in more than two out of the last four First Team matches.
I suggest you speak to Russell a.s.a.p., but obviously we don't want Simon to drop out as that will mean Gary Cokell having to go in goal again (or Russell himself).

The problem we have at the moment is that we only have two substitutes as Barry has dropped out in addition to Junior and Murf.
Russell has asked me to phone Adam Barker to see if he is happy to go sub, but I would suggest Gary Adamson, Gary Odell and Tom Dell all phone or text either myself or Russell at some stage today if they are available and happy to go sub if Adam is not willing to do so.
After all, we are only playing 'over the road' from where they all live.

Sunday was my last game for the club, thanks for the two years it has been enjoyable. I will still be around for the social events.......

Is this a wind up ?
At the snooker night you were saying you were looking forward to the 7 a sides and the competition for places from the Romanian new signing.
What did Ossie do to upset you so much on Sunday to make you change your mind ?

Jacko, I'll see in the jacuzzi at Llyoyds then?

By the way I will definitely be purchasing a DVD of Sunday's game. Your temper tantrum, Osbourne getting hit in the nuts, Dedman scoring from our half and then missing from one yard. Quality

Tolmers / Cuffley are definitely a jinx side because someone always gets hit in the nuts! Stuart being an absolute classic from about seven years ago!

Can't we just put big George N'Bogwu in goal?
He has been waiting for a trail for months.

Dont be such a big girl's blouse George, just stick to wearing them.

You should know by now that when Ossie is talking B0LL0CKS his lips move.

See you next season, you big northern fecker!