THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gladstone Rangers

Gladstone Rangers Under-17's are playing in a Cup Final at the same time as our Reserves are playing on Sunday morning.
This is at Edmonton Cricket Club (Norsemen F.C.) with a 10.30.a.m. kick-off.

I spoke to Steve Hindley (Gladstone Rangers' Manager) last night and he has still not ruled out them joining us next season.
The reason he was not watching the Brimsdown match from our side of the pitch last Sunday was because he was wearing shorts and got bitten by insects last time he stood over that side. (He asked me to put that on the Forum, so he is quite willing to go along with all the banter and stick that we give out on here for such things, which is a good sign).
He left just before Half-Time with the score at 3-0 because he had another match to go and watch (with his Coach). He actually thought we played quite well considering we did not have a proper goalkeeper and he realised that Brimsdown had a good side out.
I had to laugh when he asked 'Was that black guy you had playing in centre midfield trying to play through an injury ? He kept falling over all the time and losing his balance !'
(By the way, that was a classic on Sunday when Eric kept calling Chidi 'Tony'...then we found out that Tony is actually Chidi's real name and Eric was NOT suffering from another bout of 'Osbornitis' !)

As the First Team are not playing on Sunday then, I told Steve that some of them might go over and watch his team's Cup Final and have further discussions with them in the bar afterwards, which I'm sure will be helpful. We can also find out if they are interested in playing in the 7-a-side League.
I know Trevor, Stuart & Conor were thinking of going over to take a look.
I have put another cameraman on their game (the same one that filmed the Reserves game last week) and I will be going down there after the Reserve Team's match to get the tapes off him. I suggest Russell and other Reserve Team players go down to the Cricket Club for a drink instead of On Broadway and we can all meet up and Steve can introduce us to his players.

A message for Tim...Is there anything at the Cricket Club that the cameraman can stand on to get a vantage point on the half-way line ?
Can you speak to Pete Withers about this, and what are you doing on Sunday yourself ? (Lino for the Reserves / Watching Gladstone Rangers ?)