THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reserve Team Squad for this Sunday (3rd April)

'Caretaker Manager' Russell Beeden has named a RESERVE TEAM squad of just 14 at the moment for this coming Sunday's Division Four match at Home to Northmet (Riverside) Reserves which (and PLEASE NOTE !) is being played on the First Team's pitch at HAZELWOOD SPORTS GROUND and NOT at Albany Park.

The squad (at the moment) is as follows:
Gary Cokell (GK), Tem Adil, Foysol Ahmed, Russell Beeden, Steve Cokell, Ritchie Copues, Terry Deller, Daniel George, Barry Matthews, Chris Morrish, Gary Odell, Scott Robertson, Tony Speller & Peter White.

Myron Mc,Kay is currently struggling with a knee injury and will make a decision on his fitness later in the week. If he passes himself fit, he will also be included in the squad, along with either Adam Barker or Tom Dell. If Myron is not playing, then both Adam and Tom will be named in a squad of 16.
Peter Murphy and Gary Adamson will also be called into the squad if two or more of the 14 named above drop out.

Lee Osborn is not available this week due to social commitments in Huddersfield, while Simon Jackson, Colin Bester and Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo are all ineligible as they have played in more than two out of the last four First Team matches.
Russell has chosen Tony Speller and Tem Adil as his two allowable 'First Team' players for this match, Tony because he is supposed to be Reserve Team Captain anyway and did not have a match last Sunday, and Tem because he was only a substitute for the First Team last Sunday whereas Colin and 'Kizza' both played a full match.
We actually have numerous other players available for this Sunday, including several First Teamers who have not played in more than two out of the last four First Team matches, but we are giving priority to those who have been turning up regularly for the Reserves recently.

Gary Cokell has volunteered to go in goal, although if Darryl Johnson is available, he can go in goal instead if Gary does not mind being left out of the squad altogether. Russell is quite happy for Gary to go in goal though.
Steve Cokell has also been included in the squad as he will need a run out to regain some sort of fitness so that we can include him in the First Team squad against Everest the following week. This is of course dependent on his toe injury and when exactly he arrives back in the country later this week.

There is no First Team match this Sunday, so I will be there to put the nets up and film the match. However, as Russell, Ritchie and Gary Cokell will all be playing, we will have no Club Linesman so whoever is named as substitutes will HAVE to do it I'm afraid. We must NOT have another fine from the League !

If any players do not know how to get to Hazelwood Sports Ground, please phone either myself or Russell.

Re: Reserve Team Squad for this Sunday (3rd April)

Apologies, I am unavailable on Sunday (and for next Tuesday's training) - am away on work.

If dj does wanna play , i will drop out no problem.

Gary (Cokell), are you available for the Everest match the week after ?

Gary you are definitely in goal this week and needed !!!! so don't make any other arangements.I told Lol that we don't no if Daryll is available or not so instead of messing about you are our man this week.Also if you do want a run out on pitch I don't mind going between the sticks.

...and there I was, agonising over an excuse to blow out my mates for this Sunday's Scooter Run only to discover one's not needed!!...(excuse that is)...

Tarby, were you phoning me earlier to complain about something (i.e. the Darryl/Gary Cokell situation) ?

You have come on here to clarify the situation, so what's the problem ?
Stop panicking !

By the way, it's 'know', not 'no' !

I should'nt have to come on and explain myself when I told you that Gary was in goal and that I did'nt want Darryl but you still put it on your first post.Why ? I have now spoken to Gary to tell him that he is definetly in goal and he is happyy with this.As Peter White is now not available that means even if Myron drops out Adam and Tom are both now in the squad.THE END.

Further to Lol's correction:
Happy with two P's and two Y's. Drinking and typing don't mix.
Sort it out Tarbyy.

Also to confirm I am available to play on Sunday and will happilyy go for a drink at the cricket club afterwards.

And another thing, Lol can you bring along a copy of the DVD of the Everest Cup game. Cheers.

I am available for this Sunday if you want me to play. I already have a pair of shorts. Let me know.

You Kant

Why kant I? I see they let you out of the mine again. That coal won't dig itself you know....

yep should be ok for following weak.

Think you may find thats 'week', you kant