THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Next Tuesday

At training last night, only 6 turned up (including Trev), so they all went straight back home again without using the facilities, thereby wasting another £55.00 of the club's money.

By my calculations, something like 20 other players could have attended training last night, but either just couldn't be ar$ed (because they know others can't be ar$ed) or were hiding behind the 'working late' excuse when they have indicated on their questionnaires that they can play in the 7-a-side League every week at that time (and even earlier !)!!

I accept that most people are in 'Sofa Mode' (to use Conor's famous quote) from 9.00.p.m. onwards, and we will be making an effort to get an 8.00.p.m.-9.00.p.m. timeslot for training next season as a result of what players have put on their questionnaires.
However, as a large number of the following players will not be playing this coming Sunday, there is NO REASON why they cannot come training next Tuesday and I want to see them ALL there, otherwise I propose that they are left out of the 7-a-side squads (at least for our first few matches) !

In my opinion, the players who CAN come training next Tuesday are as follows (including those who were there last night):
Del, Stuart, Conor, Speller, Wooly, Kev Dedman, Eric, Ritchie, Colin, Tem, Russell, Terry Deller !, Osborn !, Gary Odell, Chris Morrish, Peter White, Scott, Barry, Ali, Foysol, Mash, Dan George, Oscar, Adam Barker & Tom Dell.
Myself and Trevor will also both be there.
That's 27 in total and with the addition of trialists/new players, it's enough to have two 7-a-side matches, which will be ideal practice !!!

Also, Ritchie has mentioned that the Central London College he now attends have numerous potential Sunday League players who have just moved into the London area to study and are looking for clubs to join.
I will be doing a poster for him to put up at the college which will ask players to attend our two remaining Tuesday night training sessions with a view to playing in the 7-a-side League and signing up to play 11-a-side next season.
There is quite a strong possibility that there will be some players at Ritchie's college who have played in Senior Saturday football in other parts of the Country and who might even be as good as the likes of Peter Sutton and Marco.
If they turn up to training and find no First Team players there (and a cr@p standard), they will not join.

Even if the Under-17 team decide to join us, we could still do with some other new players who can go straight into the First Team squad.
I am of course assuming that Ritchie is currently able to go training himself. I have no idea why he has not been there the last two weeks. It is unlike him to be in 'Sofa Mode' !

The Under-17 team might want to come training as well the next two Tuesdays if they decide to join us, although they already train on Wednesday nights anyway, so we wouldn't expect them to do so.

I think it's about time some (if not all) of our players decide whether they just 'give up' (and that includes this Sunday's match) or make an effort to motivate themselves NOW for the 7-a-side League and the prospect of a better 11-a-side campaign next season.
If we all 'give up' now, it is not going to create a very good impression on any new players is it ?!!!

Re: Training Next Tuesday

Wont be there, away

Ritchie tells me that his College have already broken up for Easter and won't be back until Monday 4th April, so the poster won't go up until then.
That means we will not have any new players at training on Tuesday night.

Russell is also not going training because he will be 'working late'.
He thinks training on the next two Tuesdays is a waste of time as we have nothing to play for and players are going through the motions.
They cannot get motivated to go training and need a break before the 7-a-side League starts.

I accept that is a valid argument, but it would be helpful if other players could come on here and say whether they think we should give training a go for the next two Tuesdays or just scrap it altogether and waste £110.00 of the club's money.
What I DON'T want is a situation on Tuesday afternoon where players are all texting me to ask if training is on or not.
I want to make a decision NOW.

very doubtful i'll be there cos of baby.