THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snooker Night

Is this going ahead on Good Friday as planned??

Re: Snooker Night

The last I heard, it was 'probably not'...unless those missing Play Station games were found !!!

By the way Conor, your mate Andrew Young (ex-Hoddesdon Town & St. Margaretsbury keeper) played well for Bishop's Stortford last night. (I filmed the game of course).
He is now their first-choice keeper.
They beat Gravesend 3-2 and are now in the F.A. Trophy Semi-Finals and one match away from Villa Park !
Obviously more preferable than playing for us (as suggested by you when you saw him on the train back in August I seem to remember ?)

So when do we know for definate about the snooker night then? We need to let people know being the Easter w/e whats going on.

Trev will have to answer that, but as far as I am aware he only looks at the Forum a couple of times a week.

Just found out that Trevor is at a Funeral today.
It's a family bereavement for one of his wife's relatives so he is very busy at the moment because of that and I expect Rovers is the last thing on his mind.

I think a Snooker Night next Friday is very unlikely,
but we have a Management Committee Meeting on Monday, so we will make a definite decision then.
I agree it might be too short notice.

I agree we should make a decision at our meeting on Monday. We will ask people on Sunday so we get an idea of numbers. However, I repeat again that my step-son is still extremely p****d off about the missing computer games !!

so the people that were not there can not have the chance off a snooker night due to someone who went before taking the games. fair?

In all fairness, Trev has a serious, serious point here - would anyone be prepared to have a repeat function at their house when previously, something had been half inched?? I know I wouldn't!

I don't know what the answer is though - do we never have a snooker night again due to the stupid actions of one (?) individual? I for one feel very uncomfortable with the fact that someone at the club is prepared to do that. The reality is however that we will never find out who is responsible unless they admit to it and thats probably not going to happen.

Therefore, I suggest that whoever took it/them returns it somehow and if that happens then we consider the matter closed.

Anyone else agree or have any other ideas??

If they put them in a padded envelope and post them to Trev's address immediately, then they will not have to admit responsibility.
That will solve the problem and the Snooker Night will still be on.

Another thing we have to bear in mind here is that we have got to pay a £600.00 bill to Enfield Council in the next two weeks for the second instalment of our pitch fees this season. Because we have wasted £300.00 of the club's money with non-fulfilments of fixtures, the club will only be able to afford to pay the pitch fees if we have another Snooker Night. For reasons I cannot go into on here, the next Snooker Night we have will raise something like four times as much money for the club as the last one did.
It will be doubly unfair on Trev if we do not have another Snooker Night because he will then have to pay the £600.00 out of his own pocket. If the pitch fees are not paid, Enfield Council will stop us from using their pitches next season and put someone else at Hazelwood and Albany instead.

It is actually quite serious, so please return those games/DVD's...whoever it is !

...Just in case the culprit is wondering where they can find Trev's address, it is on the website under The Present - Management Committee.

Any news on whether the 15th is going ahead ??????

Diaries need to be sorted and passes need to be issued.

The Snooker Night is definately on for Friday 15th April.

Although two wrongs don't make a right, the failure to return the missing games has meant that some of the club's alcohol has now disappeared. It is difficult for me to complain in the circumstances.
We need to get down there as soon as possible and drink it ourselves.
We also need a good turnout as we need the money to pay our outstanding bills before the end of the season.

As Trev says...'we need the money to pay our outstanding bills before the end of the season'.

This is especially so if we are having the A.G.M. two months earlier than normal (i.e. on the 21st May).
It is a reminder that we MUST have a Management Committee Meeting on Thursday 28th April (as currently planned) to decide the Award winners and the trophies MUST be ordered AND PAID FOR the following day, otherwise we will not get them in time.

If we do not have a Snooker Night next Friday, or have a really poor turnout and make very little profit, then we will either have to put back the AGM until we have made enough money from 7-a-side matches or not buy any trophies !

Let's have more people making an effort to attend next Friday...and NO FEEBLE EXCUSES !

Game on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gammon? No, just bring some beer.