Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ernie Dixon - diagnosed with a terminal condition

Hi folks
My dad's name is Ernie Dixon and he was part of the FSUB 94NZ BTY 42 FLD REGT RA stationed in Cyprus from 1960, Pembroke Dock 1962, Lippstadt Germany 1964.
Dad has told us many, many stories from this time in his life.
I am writing with some unfortunate new, that my Dad has just been diagnosed with motor neuron disease, and given only a short time left to grace us on this lovely planet.
He is living on the Sunshine Coast in Australia, where he migrated in 1966, with his wife of 55 years, Phyllis Dixon.
His mind, having being dealt this news, is surprisingly well and positive. He has requested we throw him a going away party, which we are having in Surfers Paradise, QLD on the 9th February, 2019.
Any messages to Ernie, can be sent to my email and I will happily forward on to him.
Hope you all who see this message are well and in good health.
Michaela Hume

Re: Ernie Dixon - diagnosed with a terminal condition

done

Hi Jimmy

I didn't receive an email from you. Is that what you meant by done?

Regards
Michaela

yes I will try again

If it helps, my email is humemikki@gmail.com :)

Michaele, I am so sad to hear about your Dads Illness, I was just thinking about emailing him as its been awhile since we last spoke. I visited your Dad and Mam in 2004 and we had a nice day together and then an evening meal. Are you the daughter that lives near Camp Pendelton USA ?

Is your Dad up to phone calls ? if so I would call him..

Please pass on my thoughts to him and your family.