Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Disgraceful

This is doing the rounds on Facebook. Posted by one Robin Horsfall, a respected SAS veteran:

Dennis Hutchings is being prosecuted in Northern Ireland for a shooting that took place in 1974. The incident mistakenly took the life of a mentally disabled man who was unarmed. In mitigation a vehicle patrol had been ambushed in the same area only a few days earlier. The patrol believed that the man they shot was about to initiate a roadside bomb.
So why is Hutchings being prosecuted? The British Government would have us believe that they have no choice and they are only following the rule of law. Others would say that the British Government is so terrified of the threats of Sinn Fein/IRA to return to open violence that they will resort to any form of appeasement. They will if necessary include the sacrifice of a few old soldiers. Their logic dictates that this ‘small sacrifice’ is a price worth paying.

There is no price worth paying that costs our sense of decency. There is no price that justifies the betrayal of men who placed themselves bravely between two warring factions to keep the peace. There is no level of appeasement that will satisfy murdering gangsters.

The British Government might claim that there is peace in Northern Ireland thanks to the Good Friday Agreement. There is not peace in Northern Ireland there is only the cessation of extreme violence. A large proportion of the criminals released under the GFA have already returned to prison for new crimes. Criminal armed gangs control all vice in the province including money laundering, drug sales and bookmaking. Armed criminals control most of the routes across the north to south border and use that control to avoid tax and vat on goods moved from Eire. The police are powerless to intervene due to a lack of political will.

The trial of Dennis Hutchings is a political trial that has been pursued for the sole purpose of convincing the post GFA generation that the British Armed forces occupied Northern Ireland and brutally suppressed the Catholic population. One conviction of one old soldier will be enough for them to say ‘We told you so’ they will use this deviant propaganda to further their cause for domination of the Government of Northern Ireland and then use the conviction as justification for more prosecutions. They don’t want justice they want revenge at any cost and they want the head of Dennis Hutchings as a trophy that they can carry on a pike at the head of their sectarian marches.

If Dennis Hutchings is convicted the cowardly acquiescence of the British Government will have led to a gross miscarriage of justice. Any peace gained will be punished tenfold in the future when further political prosecutions are called for.
Sinn Fein IRA murdered more members of the security forces than any other enemy since the Korean War.

The IRA never released any prisoners. Those that they captured were terribly tortured and then murdered. The IRA tarred and feathered young women who flirted with soldiers and murdered all who were suspected of giving information to the police. They shot their own people through the knees if they strayed from their criminal laws. Sinn Fein/IRA operates in several guises that give them plausible deniability for continuing extortion and murders. Real IRA/ Continuity IRA/INLA/Official IRA, it makes no difference they are all part of an organised crime gang.

I would rather return to the days of terror in Northern Ireland than sacrifice the good people of the province to the control of gangsters. I would rather return to the streets and fight injustice than allow criminal gangsters to control the country. I would rather take the battle back to the terrorist than sacrifice another former soldier on the cross of St Patrick in the name of so called PEACE!

The next time Dennis Hutchings goes to court I call on the armed forces to down tools in protest. I am calling for a sick day or a sick week. Servicemen and women cannot be punished for reporting sick. This case deserves the attention of all ranks, Generals, Colonels, Non-commissioned officers and all other ranks. This case goes to the heart of the relationship between Government and Armed Forces. When servicemen cannot rely on the people who send them to war to protect their interests against terrorists then that government no longer deserves the right to command an army.

I can't say that I see the Armed Forces taking a "sick day" as a form of protest. They are just too professional to allow this but I would call on all Veterans to show their disgust by the following actions. At any formal remembrance service where government officials are in attendance, at the start of the "minutes silence" and for the duration, all veterans turn their backs on the officials.

Re: Disgraceful

I have to agree with everything said in the notice. I had heard about this case but I seriously didnt think it would go ahead, how wrong I was.
The post title says DISGRACEFUL. I think that is too kind a word, "BLOODY OUTRAGEOUS" fits the bill better.

This Govt must start to show some bottle or this country will implode.

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play

I have sent a very strong letter to my MP and all ex servicemen/women should do the same. Its strange that you never read hear anything from all the organisations like the British Legion speaking out, I suppose its called burying your head in the sand.

For as long as this travesty remains and there is no amnesty for NI veterans, I will refuse to wear my GSM at functions/ceremonies starting with the RAA Service of Remembrance at the NMA in July. It feels tainted!

I too have made my MP aware of my feelings and those of all of my comrades though I doubt very much she will be very interested. Labour!

I beleive that when this initially raised its ugly head there was a rally arranged for London. I will have to look back the posts on face book for any comments.
I beleive that no politician should be invited to any more forces days parades, until they start taking our side.

ttps://www.forces.net/news/prosecution-veterans-betrayal-government-says-former-tory-minister

To further exacerbate this travesty I see in the news today;

BBC

The government is considering sending hundreds more British troops to Afghanistan, the BBC understands.
The defence secretary has written to Theresa May recommending the UK boosts its military presence in the country - but no decision has been made.

The UK currently has more than 600 troops in capital Kabul helping train Afghan security forces.

NO, NO, NO and a thousand times NO. Did we not learn the lesson last time? Has the Russian experience not taught us anything? 600 troops already there should be brought home ASAP and leave the stinking, cesspit country to it's own devises. We have spilled enough British blood for no good reason over the past few decades - apart from the Falklands!

have you sent these sentiments to your MP I have. A book has just been published by an ex para officer who describes the situation perfectly

Sadly Jimmy, my MP is Corbynist Labour who doesn't even acknowledge communications that don't adhere the party line.