Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dementia Hub

In my new home town they have opened a new Dementia hub for the surrounding area.I volunteered to help and now they want me to help form a military wing. Not sure what I have got into but will know more after a meeting this morning( I am dressed in blazer and tie)
Any tips or suggestions and no not the obvious, I am already booked in.

Re: Dementia Hub

It's a good idea Jimmy. Part of the treatment for dementia is regressing the patient to earlier times of their lives. Veterans are just as likely to be stricken with the ailment and someone with firsthand knowledge of their earlier lives must be able to assist with the process. A room mocked up as a barrack room might be a step too far but pictures and memorabilia on display might be more practicable?

thank you david, here is a list of what I thought might help
regt magazines
computers to access website
digital photo
film shows of different regts
I am trying to put a name together that stands out like NAAFI-SSAFA military terminology

PERHAPS...RISE AND SHINE_ R and S
Reveille
Front row support..FRS

any suggestions

"Rise and Shine" is probably a universally recognised phrase amongst military types. :+1:

good on you Jimmy, it will keep you out of trouble mate.

The new hub is called R&R in Tangmere and will officially open in June. Located in SAGE HOUSE Tangmere, very impressive building with all the facilities to be enjoyed by those suffering with dementia such as shower rooms, hairdressers cafe and much more. All of the services that at present are not available to most and can be enjoyed with the help of their family or carers.
I am proud to belong. Sheryl does all their minutes at board meetings so we are both involved.

Well done Jimmy and Sheryl. Good name too.

both of you keep up the good work.