Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dementia Hub

In my new home town they have opened a new Dementia hub for the surrounding area.I volunteered to help and now they want me to help form a military wing. Not sure what I have got into but will know more after a meeting this morning( I am dressed in blazer and tie)
Any tips or suggestions and no not the obvious, I am already booked in.

Re: Dementia Hub

It's a good idea Jimmy. Part of the treatment for dementia is regressing the patient to earlier times of their lives. Veterans are just as likely to be stricken with the ailment and someone with firsthand knowledge of their earlier lives must be able to assist with the process. A room mocked up as a barrack room might be a step too far but pictures and memorabilia on display might be more practicable?

thank you david, here is a list of what I thought might help
regt magazines
computers to access website
digital photo
film shows of different regts
I am trying to put a name together that stands out like NAAFI-SSAFA military terminology

PERHAPS...RISE AND SHINE_ R and S
Reveille
Front row support..FRS

any suggestions

"Rise and Shine" is probably a universally recognised phrase amongst military types. :+1:

good on you Jimmy, it will keep you out of trouble mate.

The new hub is called R&R in Tangmere and will officially open in June. Located in SAGE HOUSE Tangmere, very impressive building with all the facilities to be enjoyed by those suffering with dementia such as shower rooms, hairdressers cafe and much more. All of the services that at present are not available to most and can be enjoyed with the help of their family or carers.
I am proud to belong. Sheryl does all their minutes at board meetings so we are both involved.

Well done Jimmy and Sheryl. Good name too.

both of you keep up the good work.

Jimmy has asked that I post this for him. More details to follow:

David you are a gentleman, sorry if I ever put you in the nick.
The hub opens on the 29th June and so I am looking for ideas to make it an interesting event, so far my thoughts are

all to wear unit tie, talking point and identification.
military guest speaker
Different unit magazines( if anyone has any old military mags please send to address below the image
military drinking mugs instead of cups, just to create a talking point.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Jimmy, if you contact the welfare officer for each service they will provide you with plenty of stuff. Contact Alan Solly at Larkhill he will help for any RA stuff, he was once the BSM of 94 Battery.

Thanks Chris-do you have his email address

I have Allan Solly Email address it is RARHQ-RAA-Mem-Sec @ mod.uk

Thanks Norman

DavidP
Jimmy has asked that I post this for him. More details to follow:

Next Friday is the big day. We have 14 booked in so far for our R&R NAAFI break so its going well. We still need memorabilia to create interest so if you have anything , mugs cap badges etc we would appreciate your donation Please get this message to all your military friends via Facebook or where ever they are. Donations to address at bottom of poster
Have a good day all

Jimmy I have a number of dvd,s RA parades and one for the Paschendaele salute in france 10th November 2017.
Do I post them to you or the address on the poster. Hope they have a dvd player ?

Thanks Chris to the address on the poster

Jimmy I will copy what I have and post asap.

First gathering was today and it was a great success. Norman came with two others. Thanks to all for supporting this project

jimmy green
First gathering was today and it was a great success. Norman came with two others. Thanks to all for supporting this project
Friday 13th is our next meeting, as I have already said the first one was a great success.
If anyone has any old photos of barracks in Germany, Korea or elsewhere we would love them. They got a lot of pleasure from military mags donated and other bits and bobs.
Thank you for your support
Send to;
Sage House
City Fields Way
Tangmere
Chichester
West Sussex
PO202FP