Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parking not a problem for this driver

Re: Parking not a problem for this driver

Impressive when you look at the age of the car and think; "Why don't we have something like that now?" It reminds me of when I did an auto paint refinishing course in the eighties. During the course we restored the paint job on a 1936 MG (black of course). The thing that amazed me about this car was that under the bonnet was a glorious array of copper pipes with brass joints and a control tap. This was a, built in, hydraulic jacking system. With the engine ticking over, by adjusting the tap, you could raise each corner of the car, both sides or the whole thing. This was 1936 and here we are well into the millennium and we're still pissing about with bottle/scissor jacks. Now, of course, we don't change wheels because we don't get a spare. Instead we just get a bottle of 'gunge' and a cheap little compressor that takes hours to inflate a tyre. Progress eh? :confused:

David, a lot of very good ideas have just been abandoned, it seems; probably just to make money for a replacement not nearly as good.

I think you're right Jim and profitability is the god of business in this modern age. Never mind the quality, feel the durability - or rather lack of.