Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for old comrades

spoke to Joe yesterday, we are meeting up Sunday 29th. He will be passing me on way to South Queensferry so we are meeting for coffee at a hotel. He got his Son in Law to email me the photos so once tweaked etc I will forward them onto you Jim.
whilst we were chatting he told me his son in law served with 19 regt in Dortmund and Thirsk, this turned out to be the same postings my son did at the same time in 19 regt. My son said he kinda remembers his name so maybe they will get in touch for old times sake. I will be placing joes photos on the site as soon as we meet and he gives me the names to go with the faces.

jock semple
Hi Chris,i stay at Kirkintilloch..dont think their will be any of 42 reg or 29 reg, still on the right side of the turf ,now,who will remember me,,,i visited 29 commando reg, Plymouth,in 1982,,,didnt know anyone as I got demobed in 1960,stay safe mucka,,
Jock I know where you live mate, I know Scotland very well as I used to work for the Bank of Scotland IT department and always visiting the branches. Are you a member of the RA Association ? if so what Branch ?
Have you any photos that you would like to have put on the site, your dates of service means they would be really appreciated.

Jim I have some more names to add to the photo of the group in Hong Kong.
Front row kneeling is as follows.

L to R = Dave Jones - Charlie Aitken - Joe Stafford - Jim Lowery - ?

Didnt manage to meet up with Joe Sunday but did Tuesday morning on his way back south. We had an interesting chat
and he gave me some more photos with names etc. These are all now on the 68 Bty gallery page. He would like to be put in touch with the Rat Pack so going to phone Drew later.
He is also interested in visiting Korea along with Jim so Jim gave me the contact name and number so started the ball rolling to try and get him on the trip.

chris dunham
Jim I have some more names to add to the photo of the group in Hong Kong.
Front row kneeling is as follows.

L to R = Dave Jones - Charlie Aitken - Joe Stafford - Jim Lowery - ?

Chris, which HK Group? When was it published?

??????????????

a couple of photos up mate the one with all the half naked boddies.

unfortunately Joe cant go to Korea the dates clash with a holiday his family booked for him