Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Internet service slow

Suffered a flash back to the early days of dial-up speeds yesterday. Less than 0.5Mbps for a few hours. Pages taking ages to load, if they didn't time out? Large photos rendering line by line, gifs taking ages to work and then only jerkily and as for video? I didn't even try. Reset my Virgin hub this morning and everything back to speedy normality. How did we ever manage? And we paid through the nose for the privilege :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Re: Internet service slow

DavidP
Suffered a flash back to the early days of dial-up speeds yesterday. Less than 0.5Mbps for a few hours. Pages taking ages to load, if they didn't time out? Large photos rendering line by line, gifs taking ages to work and then only jerkily and as for video? I didn't even try. Reset my Virgin hub this morning and everything back to speedy normality. How did we ever manage? And we paid through the nose for the privilege :face_with_rolling_eyes:
David, just last week I changed from Talk Talk to Zen - what an improvement. I had been with AOL, which I believe was taken over by Carphone Warehouse which in turn was taken over by Talk Talk. With TT I was getting speeds of .2Mbps most days, no chance of two PCs operating at the same time and access to iPlayer or YouTube on the TV was only a dream. Their call centre is based in the Philippines, the operators command of the English language is non existent. With Zen my speeds now average 17Mbps.

Talk-talk have never been on my horizon for a provider, despite their low offers. I have been with Virgin Cable (in all it's guises) from day one. I know I pay top whack but I like the certainty of getting what I pay for (100Mbps) 98% of the time. Especially now we have two PCs on the go and the Amazon Firestick. Seamless streaming and reliable internet is well worth it.

Virgin call centers are Indian based but if you insist on speaking to an English person, during business hours, you will get transferred to Liverpool. Marginal better English :wink: :grinning: but they don't read from a script!

I started with AOL and remained with them right up to them becoming AOL UK. now its Talk Talk.
I have just started getting 40mbs after complaining for ages, mind it is now fibre to the street box but what a difference and land line and free 24/7 UK calls for £28 a month. Its now all I need even with having the amazon firestick with Kodi and covenent.