Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
moving home

moving on the 26 Feb to Sussex near to wifes father 93. be off the air from 24th, will let those interested in my new address and phone number when I get it.

Re: moving home

Feeling like shit at the moment (stonking cold) but good luck with the move Jimmy. They do say it's the most stressful undertaking of modern life so I hope everything goes smoothly for you and we'll speak to you when you're settled in.

Thank you David and yes you are right. Having moved many times in my army career I have never felt like this.Times have changed considerable, notified 37 locations of my impending move, pensions gas etc etc. Its all so uncertain not knowing if anything will go wrong at the last minute. However all is well and I hope to get a good nights sleep for the first time in weeks tonight. Perfection is a terrible thing but a necessity if you are going to come out of it all smiling Move on the 25th take over new house on the 26. Back to packing now

I'm in my 39th (and hopefully, last!) home since getting married in 1952. Seem to be doing nothing but attend funerals lately, another on Monday, one of Helen's seven sisters (still five still alive - and two brothers).

August this year will be our 40th year we have lived in this home. I guess all that gallivanting around in the Army used up my itchy feet syndrome. Never even been abroad on holiday!:wink:

I wonder how you got on with your move Jimmy? Couldn't have been easy with the weather. Anyway, I hope you are fixed now and settling in nicely.

DavidP
I wonder how you got on with your move Jimmy? Couldn't have been easy with the weather. Anyway, I hope you are fixed now and settling in nicely.
He must be with Talk Talk!!:no_mobile_phones: :no_mobile_phones: :disappointed:

Been a very stressful period, just got email/ internet back so can now catchup. Complete internal decoration taking place and more to come with normal upgrades, curtains, carpets and yes new kitchen
Keep well talk again soon

moving sounds as if that was the easy bit !! new kitchen decorating ! youve got your work cut out Jimmy, take it easy mate your no spring chicken like us old/younger ones. If you lived nearer I could have helped you with the electrics, If you need some advice about them let me know.

nearly there,well settled in now. Had our first visitors this weekend, my son and family, wonderful.
Still a little to do and then thats it forever I hope.
Keep well all of you

moving home

. . thats it forever I hope . .

I've said that a few times, Jimmy!