Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rab Hill photos

Sometime last year I came into the possession of some photos from Rab Hill that, maybe, haven't been seen by the wider 42 Regt audience before. There's about 40 in total so I will post a few each day starting with these:

Re: Rab Hill photos

Next batch:

Another batch:

Brummy Walsh, Barry Hands, Pete Shaughnessy, John "taffy" Cousins

Brummy Maling, John Noe and Joe Vella

The other two being Johnny Mellet and Ron "Taffy" Dibble

Johnny Attack

Me, Charlie Butler, Alan French and Ron Dibble

Mick Ayre

Johnny Attack

Johnny Noe, Brummy Mailing and Colin Harris

Great photos, great memories!

well done both of you, I remember most of them but find it hard to remember my post code

I know that feeling Jimmy :wink:

Here's today's offering:

Lofty Rogan, Rab Hill and Colin Harris

Joe Spendlove

I believe this is Ray Covell's gun?

I phone jock Simpson yesterday about the photos of him. He isn't on the net so going to text him the link and his son will show him the gallery.

Good one Chris :+1: We tend to forget a lot of people are not on line still. He probably won't have seen those photos yet. Here is the last but one installment:

Can't help with the other two names I'm afraid?

Hiya David, some great photos there thanks for sharing them.

The photo of the gun that exploded (TYPHOON) I don’t recognise at all unless another one exploded after i left the regiment.

This photo is of the gun that blew up when a shell exploded in the barrel on 14/02/1972 18 Battery. I was sitting on the seat that you can see.

Paul, I do believe that another Regt had a similar incident to that of 18 Bty. Possibly 4 Regt? But how Rab got to have this photo in his collection I have no idea but he seems convinced it was 18 Bty (though he calls it 68 Bty)?

I enjoyed seeing his collection after all these years and it certainly brought back some memories. Though the one with Jessie James and myself did set me a challenge remembering the location. They also reminded me of a couple of guys that I had forgotten about; Pravinchandra Patel for one.

So sadly, here are the last of the bunch but I wonder how many others are out there waiting to be discovered?

L to R: Mick Baker, Dennis Melia, Clive Tarr, George Mills and Glyn Fleet