Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ray Clark 42 Regt

Sadly I have to report that Mr Ray Clark ex 42 Regiment and secretary of Middlesbrough Branch RAA has passed away. Ray was in hospital waiting to go to theatre when he suffered from a ruptured aneurysm. All branch members, less those on holiday, have been informed. Funeral details will be published once known. Middlesbrough branch members send their sincere condolences to Gwen and the family. RIP RAY.
I have tried phoning Dave Blackburn who is also a memeber of same association but no responce yet

Anybody remember Ray ?

RIP Gunner

Re: Ray Clark 42 Regt

Can't say I remember Ray. RIP

Very sorry to hear of his passing but can't say that I remember him, does Big Jim have a photograph?

Just spoken to Rays wife Gwen, ray was due to have medical checks but twice his appointment was cancelled, the last one was whilst he was actually admitted but the surgeon could collect a full operating team so cancelled surgey, he died that night.
Ray served in 94 Bty for 9 years from 1959 and was a great mate of Dave Blackburn, Dave doesnt know yet as he is in Spain on holiday.
Gwen has my mobile number and will contact me once funeral arrangements have been confirmed.

Rays Son darren has been in touch and there is an email with funeral details on its way.

does his family have any photos of when he served in 94. I was in the battery over that period.

Ray was a Bombardier.

the funeral details are listed below:

Tuesday 23rd January 2018
10.30am - Service @ St. Cuthbert's church on Billingham Green
11.30am - Billingham Cemetery in Cowpen, Billingham
12.15-12.30 - Reception at Smiths Arms on Billingham Green

jimmy green
does his family have any photos of when he served in 94. I was in the battery over that period.
Jimmy, I don't know why Chris didn't post this on here but here it is from the 49 site. I recognised Ray immediately though he was in a different Bty. RIP Ray:

Just had Dave Blackburn on the phone, he arrived back last night and really shocked to hear the sad news.
Seemingly I had some incorrect info about rays service, he only served in HQ and RHQ as a clerk !!

Brian Macdonald
Very sorry to hear of his passing but can\'t say that I remember him, does Big Jim have a photograph?
Now that David has posted the photograph, I can say that I knew him very well. He was HQ Bty Clerk when I arrived in the Regt in Apr 64, amongst other things, he was instrumental in getting HQ Battery Bar up and running. Very nice guy, my thoughts are with his family.

sadly I couldnt make Rays service especially as I was born in Billingham but family commitments made it impossible to attend. I certainly hope he had a good turnout. I will phone Dave Blackburn later.

just spoken to Dave Blackburn and he said that Ray had a fantastic turnout.
There were 13 Standards on parade, there was a large Poppy with a photo of Ray in the center, there was also Poppies around the grave.

RIP mate.

A George Foster posted this on Facebook:

The funeral of Ray Clark, ex 42 Regiment and secretary of Middlesbrough Branch RAA took place on Tuesday 23rd January. A packed St Cuthberts church of family, friends and colleagues were joined by standard bearers from the Royal British Legion and Regimental Associations including RAA, RAF, WRAC, DLI, Coldstream Guards and the RN. The Ode of Remembrance was narrated by Mr Tug Wilson, RAA Area Secretary North East Region and a bugler sounded the Last Post. Mrs Clark and the family were deeply moved and overwhelmed with the the service and have asked me to pass on their thanks to all concerned with giving Ray a magnificent send off.

Nice to see an old colleague get a good send off. Well done to all involved.