Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something of Great Interest!!!!

Good afternoon all........the following link is worth reading:----

As they say," once a Gunner always a Gunner!" below is the link and near the end of the article nothing seems to have changed since 1924 as this guy's widow was left penniless. We need to think of our hero's who have come back from the front and have fallen on hard times. Some people will reject this thought by saying well the guys in the first,second and Korean wars were not looked after on arrival back in Blighty. My answer is that in those days those poor souls either dead or alive HAD to go to war. Whereas in these last few conflicts we went to war on a lie and for the oil issue....etc etc. B-liar and Bush have a lot to answer for in the Hague but this will never happen as money talks.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/world-war-one/victoria-cross-soldier-to-be-honoured-with-plaque-on-sheffield-s-cenotaph-1-8693299