Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
42 Re-union Southport 2017

I am re-posting this as I can no longer find the original I put on last year.

The re-union will be held at:-

THE ROYAL CLIFTON HOTEL AND SPA SOUTHPORT.
Tel. 01704 533771

FRI. 2nd and SAT. 3rd June.

Double/Twin Room £95 cost held as last year.
Single Rooms £75
All rooms include full breakfast and use of Spa.

Saturday morning AGM will be held at 10am. Please come along and give your support

Saturday evening a 3 course meal will be served in the OSBORNE SUITE.
The menu can be obtained at reception on booking in. Please return same asap.
Those of you not staying at the hotel but still wish to have the meal please do as above.

Many of you have already booked.

Please be sure to mention you are with 42 re-union to get your discount.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Regards

Chrissie

Re: 42 Re-union Southport 2017

Chrissie I deleted the post because I asked you twice for information and as you didnt reply I thought it was a mistake that you had mentioned a trip this year. I then heard that there was chat about a visit so I specifically started an new post which I pinned and still no posts.
Anyway I will pin this one and delete mine.

Chris, this is what happens when you have to delete posts to stay within boundaries. This message board is past its sell by date!

David have you not heard of the saying if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say anything at all. your comment is not appreciated.

Chrissie, Sheryl and I will be there. See you all there! 😀

Chris Dunham
David have you not heard of the saying if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say anything at all. your comment is not appreciated.

Constructive criticism I guess I don't have anything to say so cheerio. . .

david are you at it again shutten the mouthsky

Thats the trouble with the 42 site you are not allowed to criticise, do as the gang does or bog off.

Life's too short for petty bickering, lads.

There's no need to go public, email your complaint to the individual personally - simples.

Here Endeth The Leson.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyone notice my mistake above? Should have gone into Daily Fotie thread - shouda gone tae Specsavers.

Big Jim

Anyone notice my mistake above? Should have gone into Daily Fotie thread - shouda gone tae Specsavers.

I've sent you an email!

Big Jim

Life's too short for petty bickering, lads.

There's no need to go public, email your complaint to the individual personally - simples.

Here Endeth The Leson.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jim, that photo was taken in Devizes, Fred never went to Fallingbostel with us.

Thanks PaulMac, I'll fix.

Butler,A,Mr & Mrs
Butler,C,Mr
Butler,Mrs
42 Regiment 3
Kennedy,A,Mr & Mrs
Kennedy,A,Mrs
Green,J,Mr/Mrs
McDougall
list of those booked in so far

42 OCA Members.
As acting Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Standard Bearer for our Regt.
I have had various conversations with upset and angry members asking me how a non-member and her family can take over and organize a reunion on behalf of 42 Regt. and then have an AGM meeting. What is going on?
I was asked by a member who went last year if I received any monies taken for the raffle and donations, I have not. And who has authorised this?
So at this time I and others do not recognise the Southport reunion as 42 Regt.

are you insinuating that money has been stolen by those who organised your reunion last year.
If you are so interested in the OCA why have you not organised the reunion yourself or were you waiting for the lady in question to get on with it.
Advice-give her a ring , thank her for organising the get together and then take responsibility for the event given all the responsibilities you claim to have.
I wish all those who are attending a very happy event and hope that others will support the occasion aimed at bringing old friends together.
Good luck all

What's going on, Chrissie has always organised the date for the event and the meals since we lost Geoff. I never went to last years but assumed the Chairman would have done so.
Perhaps its time to call it 42 friends reunion John you might want to think about that and bring the OCA to a close after consulting with the members on this site as to what to do with the funds you now have .

Fred. I have not said that persons have stolen any monies from any reunion or get together. I was asked by members if I received any money, to which I said no. I was all set to organise an event this year for the 40th year since disbandment but was informed that the intention was told to have a get together for the last reunion for 42 OCA - hopefully towards the end of this year. I was of the understanding that Chrissie was aware of this. As for my responsibilities I don't see anyone else putting their names forward.
I also wish anyone going to the reunion all the best and hope they have a good time. All those who can attend know that I cannot always get there as I am still working. Last time I attended 9 people turned up.

Jimmy
One should never make assumptions; we all have reasons for our inability to do things, and as I have said to Fred Morgan work had to take precedence on that occasion. anyway the intention is that 42OCA may be winding up in the near future. The funds in the bank at present are used for funeral and associated expenses.
It is not for me to say how the funds will be used in the long term.
Just to remind you and others I am standing in as Chairman by name only until a Chairman is voted in at a properly convened AGM with sufficient OCA members voting, and it is apparent that the Southport AGM does not meet all the criteria with so few OCA members attending.
I am sure you will agree this to be the case.

John over the years you have done a Stirling job, putting yourself out for the sake of others and their families. This whole situation is unfortunate but that's life. The monies you have is for funeral expenses and for as long as you can that is what it should be used for, prior to this fund being raised you bore the cost yourself, that is why I instigated it.
I think the meeting referred to was simply to decide if those attending would like it to be repeated again next year, Chrissie does this to ensure a fixed date booking asap
Can I ask all members to support this event, it may well be the last for one reason or another, age , ability etc-give it one more shot. I know you are working John but it would have been nice to see you there.
The best of health to you all.

Just checked with the Hotel and the bookings are looking good.
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Chrissie Butler.
Just checked with the Hotel and the bookings are looking good.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Guest room bookings so far:

A Butler x 2
C Butler x 2
Chrissie Butler x 1
J Green x 2
A Kennedy x 4 ( 2 rooms)
Manser x 2
Markham x 2
Sheldon x 1
McDougall x 1

mr/mrs Andrew Butler added to the list
Come on chaps give it a go

away this weekend see you ALL next Friday
be safe and have a good weekend

Looking forward to seeing you all at Southport. Safe journey everyone.

I'm afraid I can't make it to Southport due to an attack of sickness and diarrhoea which has laid me low. I was hoping it might clear but no such luck yet. I wish all those attending safe journey and a great time.

bad news Jimmy dont stray too far from the loo mate hate you to get caught short..
I know your smiley face will be missed !! well that and your "see you Jimmy hair"
get well soon

Long flog home 7 hours but worth it. Thanks to all who attended, good time had by all
hope you all got home safely

Fantastic weekend as always. Good to see Harry and Mags Mansers again. Hope everyone got home safe.