Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RATPACK " GET TOGETHER" 2017

Hi to all and especially " RatPackers" don't forget to book in at the Garrison Hotel Sheffield April 28th --30th '17. Just mention RATPACKERS and Prew or Hugh....... Sarah or Janet know who you are.

At the moment there are plenty of rooms but they soon fill so please don't be disappointed book as soon as possible. The cost for Bed/breakfast// evening meal will be £82 pp. We couldn't have around St George's Day this year as the World Snooker is on then and they have been fully booked since last year for those dates...hence us having 28th April. Many thanks kind regards to everyone on the Forum.

Re: RATPACK " GET TOGETHER" 2017

All ready book in see you there Norman

good luck to you all, no doubt you will all have a great time.

Thanks Chris I am sure we will.....it looks as though I don't want to leave Sheffield Lol. Far be it, the lads like this venue so I just book it and that's it, they know I will travel if it is somewhere else. I hope you and yours are in at least reasonable fettle.

I am in line for my right hip being replaced I have been waiting long enough I just hope I can get in and out before the " knees-up" here. I am still singing and dancing but the latter takes it's toll it's rather awkward going round the dance floor with two sticks Lol ( only joking ).

I have just spoken to Martin and the E/pack week end has been cancelled
Can we come up with another venue

Come to Southport I will make you welcome-just a thought

I have spoken to Janet at the "Garrison Hotel" and offered her our sincere apologies but she understands and says we are most welcome any time. As you all know I couldn't book for around the 23rd April on account of it being fully booked for the " World Snooker Championships" so had to take the following weekend.

Since then I got my date through for my hip replacement operation on the 18th April after an 18 months wait, so that put the damper on that. Meanwhile because of the date change some people are away and Brian ( Crazy) is in and out of hospital right now so our thoughts are with him and Ann. After everything was taken into consideration there would have been about 24/26 attending, all this was whittled down to 9 which just wasn't worth it, as the price per person per night would have gone up anyway. So sorry again guys but these things happen in life and are sometimes beyond our control.

Many thanks for your offer Jimmy this has been noted. All the best to everyone and keep smiling and live for today.........remember we only have one throw of the dice!!

Jack you could still do the Garrison if you wish, it is just the date clash and one or two who couldn't make it for hospital reasons as to why we cancelled.

If someone wants to contact Janet or Sarah and mention my name by all means do so the number is 0114-2495555. The reduced rate is done in blocks of 10 by the way and they will email the menus for both nights. Anyway do what you think.