Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for old comrades

Looking for anyone who I served with during my time in Hong Kong served with 68 battery 42Field Regiment from 1954 to 1956 I served as the battery commanders driver look forward to hearing from you

Re: Looking for old comrades

Hi Joe, good to hear from you. Jim McDougall's my name, I served in HK during that period, with 179 Battery. I remember signaller John (Jock) Rea from Arbroath in 68 Bty, sadly passed away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Glad to hear from you Jim hope you are well thanks for getting in touch don't know if you knew Dave Jones driver from 68 bty good mate of mine passed away a couple of years ago have you ever Heard anything from Keith Collins (Dad) if you knew him cheers for getting in touch

Don't know if Pop Collins is still with us; you'll probably know, Chris Dunham?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

sent an email to Joe asking for contact details.

just had a phone call from Joe, he is 81 and keeping fine, unfortunately his Wife passed away 4 years ago.
His BC was called Cambell and the BSM was Baldwin nicknamed Chilli, only allowed to call him that at the xmas dinner. LOL

Joe said he is the one standing at the end of the row with the fag in his hand just before the only one in uniform. He is also the one hunkered down with a lad called Munro with his hand on his shoulder.
Joe will be sorting out his photos and either posting or emailing when his Grandson gets round to helping.