Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cliff hamill

Dear Chris My name is cliff hamill i am an old lad who was in 94 Batt in cyprus 1960 -1962 i have beautiful memories of my time there it would be great if you could put me in touch with anyone i remember.
I have asked for his phone number for a quick chat.

Re: Cliff hamill

I knew a Dick Hamill but he was in 68 Bty, I'm pretty sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jim definately Cliff, he is emailing me more info today.

More info from Cliff

I joined the army in 1958 and was posted to oswestry, after two weeks i was sent to kimnel bay camp in rhyl and after 14 weeks of training i was then posted to 42nd regt in plymouth. in 1960 i was posted on the advance party to famagusta in cyprus we were camped in tents on the beach. At the cessation of troubles the regt moved to slim barracks in dekelia, stupid me i forgot to mention i was with 94 Bty Most of our training was done in libya and around north africa my social life was spent in two ways, the most important part was with a beautiful young lady by the name of MARION TURNER whom i spent much of my time with whenever possible, we formed a band known as CLIFF AND THE UNKNOWNS we were very popular with all our mates and actually appeared on cyprus television very sadly and most reluctantly after the happiest time in my life i was posted back to blighty to pembroke dock in wales with my regt i was demobbed in 1964 and ended a wonderful time with my regt it would be superb if anyone remembers me especially marion turner who i spent some wonderful times with GOD BLESS everyone and my upmost respect for you all.

Come on lads with a history like that someone must remember Cliff !!!

Re: Cliff hamill and the unknown

Hi cliff,remember me,I was the nutter on the tea chest(bass) there were three others :brumie newman,a scouse and jim,can't remember their names.Later i bought a drum kit through the N.A.F.F.I club on tick,i used to practice in an unused room,Slim Barracks.however someone did'nt like my efforts and i continually found the skins slashed so i eventually gave up and sold them to a Black Watch drummer.I regret that to this day.Cliff.i remember you and the other guys practising in the blanco room because of the acoustics.Good days.There's a photo of us on this site.

my phone No 0754500778 add the international code.

Ernie

Must admit I thought you were in the 68 bty CP

Lou that was Mick Hammil he was a decent runner

your right Jack its my age

Sorry to upset the apple-cart guys but it was Dick Hammill in 68 Bty who was the runner and not Mick.

well done Prew yes of course Dick

Thanks Prew but I thought the picture showed the 98 Hamill

Sorry Lou but if you look at the pic they are all 68 wallas you should know he was with you in the " command post" Lol. Come on you are older than me and my senior moments are bad enough.

Prew I did recognise him from the CP that was why I thought they were refering to the wrong bty unfortuneatly I typed 98 instead of 68

"Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance".