Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alan (Netley) Davis

just ahd a quick chat to Alan, he has just got over prostate cancer but a few side effects linger. Unfortunately he lost Christine in 2011 to Cancer. Alan is going to the 94 old boys do and his words not mine "unless he drops dead first" still got a sense of humour for an 80 year old. He said to say hello to all that remember him.

Re: Alan (Netley) Davis

So sorry to hear of Alan's health problems and the loss of his dear wife, Christine. Alan was a near neighbour of mine in Nursteed Close when we were in Devizes and I spent a delightful - and adventurous - KAPE tour with him at that time. Please pass on my sincere regards when you next see/talk to him Chris.

sorry to say that Alan is having to go into hospital at the end of the month, so cant make the 94 do. I will be phoning him afterwards to see how he is doing

had another call from Alan, he is really sorry not to be able to make the do, I have promised to send him photos etc as he is not on the net so wont see them on here.
He said to say HI.

very remiss of me I havnt been in touch since 94 do in September. will make sure I phone him tomorrow got in my diary.

finally managed to talk to Alan, he is in remission for his Prostate cancer but the treatment has knocked him sideways. He gave me his son Jasons phone number so we had a chat as well. Alan has a bad cough so Jason took him to the doctors and Alan has had an xray, results expected soon. Jason didnt have any real background to his dads service as he ahd not any of us, so I told him that he was held in high regard and not someone to mess with, that bit he did know. LOL
Jason has joined the 94 Bty facebook site in order to show Alan the photos I took at the September reunion, I will also be giving him the link to the 42 site.
By the way Jason spent quite a long time in the para,s he never thought at the time to join the RA.

Hi Alan,
I've been off the radar for a long time, but the old days are now drawing me back.
I hope all is well with you. I remember you well when we were both in 94 Bty. You and Tommy Leitch were both promoted to Sgt. just before I left the Regiment at Devises! Do you remember; If you do Please contact. We can have some good chats about the old days--and the present.
Hope this finds you in good fettal.
Best regards
Pat Walsh