Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chris (Christy) Abbott R.I.P.

David could you please keep me informed on any information about Chris's funeral and if the family want the Standard. RIP Chris dear friend.

John, wilko!

Just been given the details of Christy's funeral:

Funeral details confirmed for Friday 18th December 1400hrs from 142, Lytham Rd Warton Lancs PR4 1XE, then walk behind funeral cortege to the church, that is only a short walk away. Parking for the funeral is at the Lightning Club Mill Lane Warton PR4 1AQ, this is were the wake will be also held. The church is St Paul's Church 11 Church Road , Warton PR4 1BD, this is also where Christie will be laid to rest. The distance for both places are only 5 minutes from the house.

Although this message says "confirmed" I was speaking with Sheila this morning and she told me it was provisional, depending on the coroner. I have asked for confirmation of the confirmation and will let you all Know asap.

Chris and John, if this is correct then obviously it will clash with Doc's and you can't be in two places at once. I should go ahead with your arrangements for Doc as I am sure everyone will understand and arrangements have been made for the local RAA and RBL to provide standard bearers for Christy.

I was going to attend Doc's funeral as well but, as things stand, that cannot now be the case. However, should the arrangements posted change, I would still hope to make it. In the event that I can't please pass on my most sincere condolences to the family.

OK folks, I can now confirm that Christy's funeral is as posted so I'm sorry John and Chris that you won't be able to make it. As I said, we will all understand. Just as an aside, Christy died of a pulmonary embolism. Short, sharp and quick.