Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chris (Christy) Abbott R.I.P.

What a shock to hear about Chris, He was a very good Friend to me, we worked together in Fallingbostel and always met-up when we could. He supported me many a time at funerals and the Arboretum. RIP Christy Dearest friend.

David please get any info for me I will be there.

John
42 OCA Standard Bearer.

Thank you John. Obviously, matters will take a little while due to the suddenness but as soon as arrangements have been made, I will post on the board.

Rest easy, Gunner, you've done your time.
R I P.

Sheared a room in Edinburgh with Chris he was an ex PTI so a bit of a shock, RIP Chris

Sad news, Stand Easy, Chris. RIP

What a shock.He was a great lad he will be greatly missed. I am so glad that he came to Edinburgh in August and I met up with him.
RIP Chris A......

Such a sad loss R.I.P Chris

R.I.P Chris.

I remember him well a good lad my condolences to his family.

Chris, Rob Robinson and I would have many a "session" on Skype where we would shoot the shit, put the world to rights, argue about memories blurred with age and time but most of all, we would have a real good laugh! Those two have kept me sane and dug me out of some deep holes over the last few years as my health and mobility have deteriorated. We were the three musketeers. Rob and I will keep up our Skyping but it won't be the same. Chris will always be there with us, sat on our shoulders but unable to join in. It will drive the little scouse git to distraction .

So so sad such a great person our thoughts are with all the family Edna and Ray

Chris Abbott,was a great friend,a great man and a great soldier, he was one of the best, and that is not said lightly, I never knew anyone who had a bad word about him, and he would do anything for anyone. REST IN PEACE MATE.

Didn't know the guy but Rest In Peace soldier your duties are over.......condolences to family and friends.

Prew, Chris joined the Regt in Devizes in 1969. He came to 49 Bty and was with us for the next 18 years. After a short stint in 50 Miserable he finished his 24 years as a BQMS in the Falklands. He had a brother who also served with the Regt/Bty but I'm not sure how long 'Brandy' served? Chris was very active in the early regimental reunion years and was present at every one of 49 Bty's, which is where I got closer to him. Chris was a soldiers soldier. R.I.P. my friend.

David could you please keep me informed on any information about Chris's funeral and if the family want the Standard. RIP Chris dear friend.

John, wilko!

Just been given the details of Christy's funeral:

Funeral details confirmed for Friday 18th December 1400hrs from 142, Lytham Rd Warton Lancs PR4 1XE, then walk behind funeral cortege to the church, that is only a short walk away. Parking for the funeral is at the Lightning Club Mill Lane Warton PR4 1AQ, this is were the wake will be also held. The church is St Paul's Church 11 Church Road , Warton PR4 1BD, this is also where Christie will be laid to rest. The distance for both places are only 5 minutes from the house.

Although this message says "confirmed" I was speaking with Sheila this morning and she told me it was provisional, depending on the coroner. I have asked for confirmation of the confirmation and will let you all Know asap.

Chris and John, if this is correct then obviously it will clash with Doc's and you can't be in two places at once. I should go ahead with your arrangements for Doc as I am sure everyone will understand and arrangements have been made for the local RAA and RBL to provide standard bearers for Christy.

I was going to attend Doc's funeral as well but, as things stand, that cannot now be the case. However, should the arrangements posted change, I would still hope to make it. In the event that I can't please pass on my most sincere condolences to the family.

OK folks, I can now confirm that Christy's funeral is as posted so I'm sorry John and Chris that you won't be able to make it. As I said, we will all understand. Just as an aside, Christy died of a pulmonary embolism. Short, sharp and quick.