Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Duncan (Doc) Livingston RIP

Chris in what area did Doc live.

John, Doc lived in Birmingham, Vera has said it would be nice if you could attend. James will txt me asap with dates and times etc and I will post it here.

Chris have you got any info yet as I have to sort work out, Can you ask James if they want the coffin drape (RA Flag) and No1 Hat. If so can you get the undertakers address or phone number.

Cheers John

Sorry John no information as yet, I had a txt yesterday but unfortunately no dates may be a problem at the hospital end. It took 4 days to release my Brothers body because he also passed away on a saturday. I will get in touch asap.

Had a chat with docs son james,Docs funeral wont be until friday 18th december. I will post more info later. John i left you a voicemail.

Chris is there any chance you could pass on James's phone number so that I can see if he want the coffin drape. as if he requires it I need to contact the undertaker

John home monday will email details.

Spoke to James this morning and ask what his mother would like me to do. well its the full works for Duncan. I am booked at the undertakers at 10.30 on the 18th and then I will meet you all at the Crematorium. Thanks for your help Chris.
John

here are the full details of Docs funeral service.

Friday 18th December - 12:15 at Yardley crematorium, Yardley Road, B25 8NA

Then back to the Stechford Club Victoria Road Stechford B33 8AL for refreshments.

I will be travelling down, Thursday Night and staying in the travel lodge yardley along with Mac.
We have been honoured, by being asked to be Pallbearers.

RIP Doc Mate

Its nearly time to pay my respects to Doc ! nearly 4 weeks have gone since he passed away. Must be terrible this waiting around for the family.

There was 3 42 Gunners at Docs service, there should have been another one !! me.

Unfortunately my Granddaughters 2 kids went down with sickness, so me and the wife took in the little girl to help out for 4 days.
Guess what, at 1am on the thursday morning when I was due to drive to Birmingham to stay the night to attened the service for 12:30 on Friday, I also started with the sickness and didnt stop until 11am Friday morning, I did attempt to get ready to drive down but no chance with the way I was feeling. I stayed in bed for 3 days.

I was very disappointed that I couldnt make it especially as I was honoured to be asked to be a pallbearer.
I am glad to hear that all went well as can be on such a sad day. I wasnt there in body but I was in thoughts.

Chris firstly a massive thank you on behalf of myself and the family, I know you were unable to attend but as mentioned you were there in spirit, the support and help organising means a lot. It was a very sad day but also a good celebration of dad's life. In all over 180 people attended which was amazing. A massive thank you also to the standard bearers & british legion guys that attended I know dad would've been proud as I was. I have read the kind messages on here as have the family, we are touched knowing dad was held in such high regard. His memory will live on in us all as will that of every other person to have served alongside you all. Thank you once again. James

James thanks for the kind words mate. Can you do me a favour around about february time, provide me with your Dads army number and dates and places of service, also a eulogy that you would like placed on the 42 memorial page.