Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tim Brownson R.I.P.

It is my sad duty to report that Tim Brownson, beloved son of Bill and Edie Brownson, long time members of 42 Regt, passed away at the weekend. Tim also served with the Royal Regiment, in 49 Bty but I'm not sure if this was with 42 Regt? Tim was a relatively young man and was a serving member of the Metropolitan Police. His death has come as a shock to all who knew him. No details are known at this time. R.I.P. Tim

Re: Tim Brownson R.I.P.

Another Gunner with wings now, I didnt know he served with 49, couldnt have served with a better Battery.
RIP Tim

Chris, Rob Robinson was telling me he used to babysit for Bill in Devizes and in all probability it would be Tim he baby sat. Christy Abbott then had the delight, as a SNCO, of taking Tim on his Cadre course many years later . Given those facts, it is unlikely Tim served with 42 Regt but it is indeed a small world.

Rip Tim End of mission out.

So sorry and sad to hear of the passing of another Gunner. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I can find no photographic evidence of Tim serving with 42; this is the sole photo I have of Bill: (Click to enlarge)

B 96

Rest in peace, GUNNER.

As an update to my earlier report, it seems the miserie for Bill and Edie is compounded as it has come to light that Tim died, alone, two days before he was found. The post mortem has been inconclusive as to the exact cause of death. His remains are being released to the family on Tuesday and details of the funeral arrangements will be published as and when. I am deeply saddened.

Poor lad, poor family and friends. RIP Tim.

Just back home from seeing Tim off on his final journey and, I have to say, he had a good send off from the OCA. Around a dozen of us joined Bill and Edie and Tim's partner, Christine and all his family and friends for a moving and simple service, then the more relaxed wake where we got to chat and remember the good times. Tim was a little older than I thought but that must have been down to his youthful, good looks. He was 53 and looking forward to retirement in 18 months time.

The exact cause of death is still not known but everyone was taking comfort from the fact that it was so sudden and it's pretty certain nothing could have been done to save him. He certainly didn't suffer in any way. Finally, I would like to pass on the families sincere thanks for all the messages of condolence and support that they received. It was appreciated and Bill was grateful for the support of the 49 Bty family. R.I.P. Tim

Added a touch of solemnity to Inkerman Day this year.