Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tommy Walker

I learned today that my brother-in-law Tommy Walker is unfortunately quite poorly and losing weight.

He lives in Birmingham and two of his daughters have gone there to assist in any way they can.

I've asked them to pass on the hope from us all that his condition improves. I'll keep you posted on any change.

BP 188

Re: Tommy Walker

Jim, I am so sorry to hear this news. I live in Birmingham so if there is anything I can do to be of help, please give me a shout. Please pass on my sincere regards to Tommy and his family

Jim really sorry to hear about Tommy, he is always up for a laugh and there is never a dull moment in his company. Please pass on my best wishes to him mate.

Very Sad news to hear about Tommy Walker I like most of the lads in 49 Bty had lots of respect and appreciation for what Tommy did for lots of us young lads when we joied 49 Bty, Tommy will definetley have the prayers and Best wishes of all the Bty past and present members, even now at 49 Bty reunions most people ask is Tommy here and you don't need a surname to know who they mean,keep up the fight Tommy were all with you,
Derek&Jeanette Melia.

Sorry to hear that Jim, Tommy was one of the first guys that I met when I joined the Regiment, he always had time for everybody, even an 18 year old sprog Clerk from HQ Bty. Never, ever saw him upset! Get well soon Tommy.

I think Derek has it spot on. I do,nt think Tommy could speak without a big grin on his face. best wishes Tommy

Tommy liked to give us a song.Get well soon Tommy

I had a very brief chat with the old rogue this evening and I am going to see him tomorrow. I will pass on all the good wishes and hellos from everyone and I'll give you a further update tomorrow

DavidP
I had a very brief chat with the old rogue this evening and I am going to see him tomorrow. I will pass on all the good wishes and hellos from everyone and I'll give you a further update tomorrow

good on you mate

I remember Tommy. Best wishes and get well soon.

Just got back from my visit to Tommy and the good news is he is fine and well. It would seem Jim got an exaggerated report? Tommy has been a little under the weather with a tummy bug but is fully recovered now and is his usual amicable and mischievous self. He almost had me doubling up and down the street until I convinced him my mobility problems were real and I wasn't swinging the lead. We had a good natter and he thanks everyone for their kind wishes and concerns but, as he said, there's life in the old dog yet. A good result. I do like happy endings

Great news, David, thank you.

Thanks, David.

I'm so happy to report that rumours of Tommy's apparently imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated Glory Be!

Great news.....

Very pleased to hear that. Lang may yer lum reek!

Jist a wee update, Tommy has moved from Birmingham and is now living in nice, sheltered housing accommodation in Greenock, where one of his daughters and five of his sisters live. Two other sisters live within 30 minutes travel.

I met him yesterday and he seems to be the same Jack-The-Lad of old.

Photo taken in our Quarter in Woolwich with his sister and my wife Helen:

1972 007

Thanks for the update Jim . I must say this is a little bit of a surprise as Tommy didn't mention anything when I visited him a while back. But it's good news that he is nearer family and has good facilities looking out for him in his advancing years. Give him my regards next time you speak.

Guess all my contact details are no longer valid

Great news about Tommy, Guess what Jim you will be at the next 49 reunion as Tommy will need a lift. LOL

They never know their bad luck, Chris! :(

Get well and keep strong from me and the "Rat Pack"

You're a bit late with this one Chick! Tommy has since made a good recovery and has now moved back to Scotland. He is settled into sheltered accommodation and, the last we heard, was having a good time.

I am pleased to hear Tommy has mended well and is now comfortable in his new surroundings. He along with MacDonald I think his name was lived above us in the flats on Tenby harbour seafront in the 60's. We used to catch the married pads truck to PDock.

Tommy has settled down well and now lives a somewhat quieter life, frequenting more of the bookies and less of the boozers.

Remembering how it helped Jock Newman before he passed away, I recently put a load of 42 Regt and family photos on to a digital photo frame his daughter bought for him. He loves it and looks at it every day; I'm sure it must help his memory.

Pleased to hear it give him my regards next time you speak, Big Jim.

Jim thanks for the update, would hate anything to happen to the old so an so before I see him again. say Hi from me and ask him when he is next expected in Torquey !! i was there one November about 5 years ago now and lo and behold there he was walking directly towards me, we had a quick chat but as we were both with company and on the way to the pub as you do, we said we would try and meet up later but we never did. Next time i saw him was ay a 49 reunion.

Good to hear Tommy is well, he was missed at the last 49 reunion. I will re-post your update on the 49 forums Jim to let all the eagles know