Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gunner Ivan George Francis R.I.P

sad to have to tell you that Ivan passed away, I was contacted by his Daughter Kelly to pass on the sad news. Ivan served with 42 from 1962 to 1971.
If you remember Ivan could you please advise me what battery he served with as Kelly doesnt know. Kelly will be advising me of the funeral date time etc asap. RIP mate.

Re: Gunner Ivan George Francis R.I.P

Sorry to hear about the passing of yet another Gunner from 42 Regt, I can't recall the name, and the only photos I have are of Ted and Bill Francis. RIP

I remember a Gnr Francis in 68bty between 1959-65 but never knew his first name...........I rather think he was on the guns but there again not sure. Anyway it is always sad to hear of a Gunner passing on to hopefully better pastures new. RIP my friend.

The name rings a bell but cant recall his face. Chris does Kelly have a photo for us all to see.
RIP George and condolences to his family and friends.