Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ron Havenhand RIP

posted on the 49 Bty forum.
Taff Roberts said he had phoned Ron Havenhand for chat after just finding his old telephone book but was told Ron had passed away in December I am shocked we haven't heard this news before.
RIP mate.

Re: Ron Havenhand RIP

RIP RON

RIP Ron, knew him well, nice chap

Ron was my next door neighbour in Devizes. A lovely man.Rest in peace Spanners

Knew him, but not well. Nevertheless - RIP Ron.

Wow!!! this is a shock and yet at the back of my mind I am not surprised about the passing of Big Ron. I spoke to him on the phone quite a while back and if I am not mistaken he had cancer then or at least some serious illness. I said at the time we could keep in touch now and again but it just seemed to fizzle out and that was a shame. May Ron rest in peace and condolences to his wife and family another one at peace in the "gun park" in the heavens. Ron came from Killamarsh originally not far from where I used to live but where he moved to after that I don't know. He was in 49bty when I first knew him,thanks for letting us know Chris.

I knew RON too. Another shock.Rest in Peace Big fella.

Sad, sad news, lovely big fulla, good sodger, good company RIP.

Click to enlarge:

BP 01

BP 968

LP 282