Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tommy Cheeseborough RIP

I've had an email from Tommy's son Andrew asking if I knew him. I thought he might have been our QM Storeman of that name, but that's not the case. Tommy's photo is below, please let me know if you recognise or can provide any information.

Click image to enlarge:

Tommy Cheeseborough

Re: Tommy Cheeseborough RIP

Hi Big Jim There was a T Cheesborugh in RHQ at Plymouth,He was a surveyor I do not know if this the same one,

NORMAN

Jim we had a guy whose surname was Cheeseborough he was in Cyprus when we did the Govt Hse Guard and was the bugler,could this be the same guy? I know Crazy knew him very well but again it could be a different guy. Anyway RIP Gunner!!!!!!

Must be a different person dont think dad was a bugler dont know if this helps but he was a sunderland lad served in cyprus germany singapore borneo malaya and the hmt devonshire has been mentioned

Andy. The term "Bugler" is not a full time job as a rule, certainly not in the RA. It is something, some people, who have normal day-to-day Gunner jobs do because they can(particularly if they are ex Junior Leaders). Also your surname is not one I have come across before (and in my previous life I came across thousands) so please don't be too despondent - yet!

Ok Andy understood...HMTS Devonshire was the troopship which carried our guys and gals out to Cyprus 1960. I don't know how long after it was in service for,it could have done other trips after the 60's.

Thanks prew all I know is that dad joined up in 1957 and did 12 years and that he was in the 29 commando so not sure what year he was in cyprus and I think he and the co were the first of the regiment to complete the military canoe race that used to happen

Andy have yo managed to get your Dads army records from Glasgow ?

42 replaced 29 in Cyprus

Hi lou all I know he was RA attached to the 29 I think my dad was in cyprus in 1959 but not sure how long for