Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Major DFM Archibald R.I.P

sadly it was mentioned in the December edition of the Gunner that Maj David Archibald passed away peacfully at home on the 11th September. David served with 42 Regiment, it does not mention what years but i beleive it was pre 1963, it also does not mention what battery he served with. Any ideas please.
I will be contacting the Gunner to seek permission from his family to contact them to gather more information.

Re: Major DFM Archibald R.I.P

Chris yes may David Archibold rest in peace and as always ONE A GUNNER ALWAYS A GUNNER...........also our condolensces to his family and friends. The name rings a bell and I think he was Capt Archibold then but am not quite sure and as you say Chris as to which Battery he served with. I don't know whether Lou will remember or for that matter any of the other old sweats....I bet Crazy will know................

Sorry to hear the sad news, can't place him although the name is familiar.

Also sorry I can't locate a photo.

RIP

Thanks must go to the Gunner because I had davids Wife margaret on the phone last night. She is pleased that we want to honour David on the memorial page.
Maragret will be looking through Davids belongings to see if there are any photos etc that we can place on the web site, I have to phone her back on Monday night.
Whislt we were talking she mentiond that on the opposite page to david was a memoriam article for Maj Gen Robert Staveley, Margaret remembers serving with Robert in 42 Field. I will now be contacting the Gunner to see if they can oblige me again by passing a message onto his family.