Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bill Beech R.I.P

Chris with it being a bank holiday weekend I think the service would be held up till after. That is what I think, But who am I.

A name I do recall.Sad,sad news.R.I.P. BILL. My condolences to Bills family. Mike Swales.

And me, Rest in Peace Bill.

I remember Bill and Joan very well, Bill was one of my Signallers, a very likeable lad. RIP

BP 28
hosting images

Once again Jim what would we do without you.
I would imagine the funeral will be next week sometime.

Have just been talking to Chris who asked me to post this for John the regimental standard bearer and all of Bill's mates. The service is to be held at 2pm Friday 13th April at Ardsley Cremetorium, Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Joan, Bill's widow wishes for any to attend who wish. I apologise for the very short notice.
Mick

Mick, I will be attending the funeral with the regimental Standard for Bill and his family.

John

Thanks John.
Joan , Bill's widow will be happy that you can attend, will see you tomorrow. Thanks once again.
Mick son in law

John and I attended Bills funeral today, a mainly family affair.We both expected there to be more members of the regiment 'on parade' but ,alas, we were the only ones there. His family expressed their thanks and appreciation for our attendance.

As we all do, well done. Its a case if you live in or around the area it helps. Many thanks to John who has a long haul in many cases.

Joan and the rest of the family and friends of Bill, would like to say Thankyou To John, Dixie, Chris and all of Bill's Regimental friends, comrades and mates for their words and deeds of support during this sad time. It was a very touching tribute to see the regimental colours and all who attended were affected by this. So a special thankyou for John, who we know travelled an awful long way especially at such short notice, thankyou to Dixie for showing his respect to another old Soldier (no disrespect intended by the word Old Dixie) and thankyou to Chris who liased in making it possible. As already said it meant a lot to Joan and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it would have to Bill, who I know would probably not have expected it.
Thankyou all Mick

To Joan and her lovely family.
It was a privilage and pleasure to meet Joan and her family on Friday. It's unfortunate that mostly, these days, the joy of meeting new friends is at a time when we are all saying our farewells to a loved one/old colleague and therefore saddened by the occasion. In spite of that, I was pleases to be able to contribute to Bill's day, and glad to know the Standard's presence would have made him proud.

To Dixie, Nice to see you there, Thanks again for your support.

John.

Excellent John, I think that sentiment goes for us all.

unfortunately I was on away visiting my dad in Somerset all last week when Mick phoned me, but I am really glad that everything was arranged and that everything went okay for Bills service. R.I.P Bill.

Sad news, remember Bill as always happy and hated a beer?

Just like me then.
Its a pity we did not know of his illness before we could have given him a little support what with Jim and his photos of the regiment and maybe some close by to visit.
Thats whats so important about this site, keeping in contact. Spread the word, we might be able to arrange a few photos of me to cheer them up or a few of Jim to depress them
Smashing here, have a good day all and enjoy your week end.

Hated a beer? Don't know about that, Clive, I can remember Bill getting legless on at least one occasion in Cyprus, and myself and Tommy Walker taking him back to his hiring in Fama G. Perhaps Joan made him sign the pledge after that?

He was good company and a good soldier, RIP.