Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum

I (Chris Dunham) take no responsibility for the messages on the message forum.
As this is an automated script and at present has no validity checking, I cannot be sure what may appear on the board.
Please note the messages do not contain the views of the myself, merely the posters personal opinion.

If you notice any messages of an offensive nature please email me at

chridunham@aol.com

Welcome to the 42 Regiment Royal Artillery Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Funeral Expenses

We have lost some of our members these past few months and each of them have had an exceptional send off which I am sure you are all grateful for. I have asked Geoff to set up a Funeral fund to help defray the costs by the standard bearer. John travels all the way from P/Dock at his own expense, petrol being what it is will be costing him dearly. I am sending £20 to kick start the fund and hope that those who can afford it will do the same, as little or as much as you can afford.
I will get Geoff to put his details on the board for all to see.

Re: Funeral Expenses

I think this is am excellent idea Jimmy every little helps. I'll await the details then act accordingly as the price of fuel is not going to get any better in fact it will get worse.

Excellent idea Jimmy. As John is acting on our behalf, the least we can do is try not to let him be out of pocket with the fuel. I look forward to seeing what arrangements are put in place.

Superb idea, Jimmy. I await instructions!

Good idea I await instructions

I totally agree with this idea....details please

Count me in too!

Byraway, hee-haw to do with the subject but yesterday was the 59th anniversary of me joining the Army (I nearly said "becoming a soldier" but that came much later). Do I qualify for anything special? A collection perhaps? A parade? Awright, perhaps a hollow laugh will suffice.

Well done . a good response. Geoff will put details on here over the next 24 hours(working shifts)

Jim you beat me by one but not if you take my false enlistment into account.

Jim, one hollow laugh coming your way

Oh! Go on then.......2 and congratulations

will be pleased to help well done that man.

Put me on the list

Those of you who wish to make a donation to the Welfare Fund, please send cheque /postal order (crossed), made payable to 42 OCA, to me at:

Mr G Carter
107 Delaware Crescent
Shoeburyness
Essex
SS3 9PJ

or you may pay direct into the OCA account, the details are:

LLoyds TSB
Branch: Sevenoaks
Sort Code: 30 97 49
Account No: 13562450

Thanking you all in advance.

In the post tomorrow. John /Geoff can you please discuss costs in future and put it to me for authorisation.
Well done everyone.

Chris can you make this a sticky please.

Geoff, I will be making a direct contribution to those bank details first thing Tuesday morning.

Done Jimmy, I have never acted so quick, it must have been your tone of voice LOL

Cheque in the post, Geoff.

I'm in.

Been away a few days, but I'm back and I'm in.
cheque in the post tommorow, Geoff.

Can't do a Bank Transfer from here Geoff but I'll put a cheque in the post when I get back (at the same time as I send Big Jim McNabs!).

LLoyds TSB
Branch: Sevenoaks
Sort Code: 30 97 49

Geoff, something wrong with those details my friend. Tried to pay into the account this morning but the woman said the numbers are not being accepted? Could you check it out for me please and post the correct details. I will donate as soon as it's possible.

Details on the cheque are:
Sort Code: 30-97-49

You might have to drop the zero on the end of the a/c number.

OK Geoff, many thanks for the reply. I will try again tomorrow but the lady in the bank seemed to think the sort code was "iffy"? If I fail again, I will get a PO sent off - though I do object to that as I have to pay a fee for it. Little bit less for the fund!

Edited to add: Just checked the sort code out on the web and it's pukka so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Tried to pay on internet banking but it came up sort code and account not recognised

If I knew how to post a picture on here I would show you the cheque details; sort code 30-97-49 account number 1356245(0). Account name; For 42 Old Comrades

Geoff, we're not doubting you or your eyesight mate. it's just the banks are not recognising that sort code and/or a/c number. I will try again in the morning - leaving the 0 off the end of the a/c number. I checked on line and the sort code is definitely the one for Lloyds TSB Sevenoaks so it must be the a/c number that's causing the problem .

Geoff, mission accomplished . The problem was the a/c number it needed the zero at the front instead of the back, ie; 01356245. Took the young lady a few trials but we got there in the end .

Nice one David I will send mine off tomorrow Geoff now we have the problem sorted.

Gentlemen, a big thank you for the cheques which I have received, from Jimmy, Jim and Eric. David, can I assume that the money paid into Halesowen was from you - if so, Thanks.

That's me Geoff. I know it wasn't a lot but I will contribute again this month, and any other that I can afford! God willing, we don't have too many parades for John to attend and we can build up a bit of a credit for the OCA.

I would like to say thanks to all. Please do not put yourselves under any financial pressure, between us there will be enough. And like you David I will send a little more from time to time.

Cheque gone in the post today Geoff.

Geoff will put a breakdown of money collected so far when he gets a break. A donation of £100 was submitted from 18bty reunion, a magnificent gesture.
How this money will be spent will be outlined when we the committee have worked out all the different situations. It will be published here for all to see.
Once again, great response, well done.

John S I hope this has not caused you any embarrassment and thank you for taking on the task of standard bearer and doing it so well on behalf of all of us.

I have not forgotten about my donation and it will be up and running shortly. I had a problem like one or two in accessing the account but will endeavour to get it sorted pronto. Yes well done John S you have, and are doing a sterling job,this has to be appreciated by everyone.

Lou and Dixie I have received your cheques Thank You. In the short time that this has been set up the Funeral Expenses Account has received the grand total of £190. As and when the donations arrive I shall keep you informed. Once again, a big Thank You to all those who have so generously donated.

Yes I too shall send a cheque shortly and a good idea and well done to John, I am certain that his support is of great comfort to the loved ones left behind

Great idea Jimmy did you think of it by yourself ?? I smell A Womans influence hahaha

Yes Jon I do tend to run things past her for an independent suggestion. Its not something that you can put out to all because of its delicate nature. She knows how careful I am with money but always seems to get me to up the stakes.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! now this is doing my head in. When we want to pay money into a bank it is not as easy as it looks. I am having problems paying my donation into the OCA Account. I cannot get access to the account to pay by my card they don't do it so I will send a cheque to the details which is posted on the board. I know they cannot be too careful with regards to fraud etc etc but I can't even get rid of my money now somethings wrong somewhere I would have thought they would have snatched my hand off. Anyway Geoff it will be on it's way to you directly....can't get staff,what with all this new technology. I am now going to chuck my soap-box away.

Prew I gave up on that system years ago. If ever they take away our cheque books I will be snookered.

I know where you are coming from with this Jimmy. Now the reason I cannot do it over the phone by card is that they will only accept either cheques or a personal deposit/contribution. The only alternative is " Online Banking" if registered to do so. I am not,as I stay clear of all that malarky,oh 'eck now I'm sounding old fashioned.

Prew I tried it with online banking but to no avai;

Ok Lou thanks for that input it just goes to show all is not what it seems in life these days. I spoke to two people at Lloyds in Sevenoaks and they said " Online Banking" is the favourite so somebody has their wires crossed....hmmmmmm what's new??

thank you for the information the check is on its way

To Mac and Derek, cheques received Thank you.

Count me in

Prew and Martin. Thank you for your cheques, they will be paid in this week. Thanks again.

Geoff will bring you up to date on this, it now stands at £300, well done all.

Geoff, another small donation being transferred in the morning.

Sunday morning and as usual on the 42 Regt OCA site.
A good deal of the comments relate to the welfare fund and at the moment it is talking of reimbursing me expenses I've recently paid out. I only hoped that I could get help on the fuel cost nothing else.
In the future I know the fund will have many other uses, I am therefore sending to Geoff my own donation to the fund.
For my part I can only say a big thankyou to all who have agreed to donate.
My commitment to both the South Pembrokeshire Royal Artillery Association and our own 42 OCA as Standard Bearer will continue and I will do my utmost to fulfil my duties.
I shall be on parade on Sunday the 13th November in Pembroke Dock with the 42 Regt Standard and will be at Larkhill for the St Barbaras day service at the Garrison Church.

Well done John and well said too,however fuel costs do need addressing in this day and age as Jimmy said earlier. You are playing a blinder in doing what you are doing and that is dedication,we all should thank you for that. Where I do my Hospice driving we get the mileage refund which is good but most of the drivers buy things from the Hospice shop so it does get ploughed back eventually..........Cheers.........Prew.

Thanks Prew for your kind words.

Geoff my donation is on its way.

1 2 3