Return to Website

Horror Vacui/Caleb Muse Forum

A message board to discuss the vampire character Caleb Morley (from the ABC-TV daytime drama "Port Charles"),  other vampires in fiction and myth, the supernatural,  the arts, and various dark muses.   

Horror Vacui/Caleb Muse Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Do Vampires Really Exist? - The 4th Dimension Theory

Yes, I've read Brak's post and found it fascinating. There are so many theories out there that it is hard to decide on just one of them. Maybe it is a combination of things. All we can do right now is speculate until one of us gets bitten, lol

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm not sure if Caleb type vampires exist (or EVEY female would want to be 'bitten') but the theory holds alot merit. I've never thought that this one tiny little planet was the only one in the universe that had 'life' on it, and there Is alot more then 'scientists' can explain through "rational thought". If I'm to remember correctly, the 'vampire myths' came to light in many different centuries and locations and I don't think everyone 'read the same book'. I'm intrigued by the idea of vampires but, untill I was "bitten by Caleb" I never gave it much thought. I also remember Brakula's post "Vampire Mythos" so it requires more in depth thought.

Replying to:

Thanks for posting this. This subject interests me a lot, and your theory gives me hope that vampires are not just the beautiful visions of dream and myth. It has been awhile since I read Lethbridge, but I remember a bit about the ley lines. When I visited Cornwall, England several years ago, I was fascinated with the stone circles and prevalence of reportedly supernatural happenings around certain geographic areas, perhaps related to the ley lines.

Replying to:

DO VAMPIRES (the same type as Caleb) EXIST?

~Consider this~

*Our planet is infested with animals and insects that defy common sense.

*Scientists had a good laugh in 1856, when Paul du Chaillu returned from the Congo and described his encounter with a hairy giant. Du Chaillu was the first white man to see a gorilla. Gorillas did not exist in 1856 because the scientists of London and Paris said they did not exist. People are still seeing things that do not exist scientifically.

*Nearly every culture and country in the world has their own version of the vampire but no matter how far apart these cultures are, their descriptions of the vampires all share common characteristics.

*ancient cities and creatures from mythology thought to be only fiction have been proven to exist - ie) the city of Troy, and the kraken from Greek mythology.

*prehistoric creatures thought to be extinct millions of years ago have proven to exist now.

* 4/5 of this planet have not been explored or even adequately surveyed.

THE 4th DIMENSION THEORY

I recently saw the movie The Mothman Prophecies, which fascinated me, so of course I had to go and buy the book. The author, John Keel, (the protaganist in Mothman, which is based on a true story), mentions a really interesting theory about the appearance and sightings of mysterious creatures and UFOs that a number of parapsychologists mention and something that I have actually hit upon in my own thoughts after reading parapsychology books.

Here's how it goes - These creatures and strange events tend to recur in the same areas (but sometimes, like in the case of the vampire, in a number of different locations), year after year, century after century. Every time hunters, helicopters, etc. look for them, they failed to find a trace of a hiding place. Some reserchers, parapsychologists etc speculate that another world exists outside our space-time continum or our plane of existance and these creatures have found doors from their world to ours.

There is more to this theory, but it gets more complicated, and starts involving quantum physics, time travel, different realities, vibration rates, vortices etc. For more info on this read John Keel, Jacques Vallee, T.C. Lethbridge

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do Vampires Really Exist? - The 4th Dimension Theory

If they all looked like Caleb, there would be a line-up a mile long to get some of those 'bites'. I might get slaughtered for this comment but while watching Mutant X and Michael Easton, I 'picked' his looks apart and found him not all that hsandsome. His nose has been broken more then once, his hair REALLY needs to be cut, maybe washed too and a shave might help. Picked apart, IMO he looks like any other 'average' man. But then if you look at the whole package' he's hot, sexy, handsome and draws the most amazing fantasies out. I guess it's the whole combination, the depth of passion within him, his aura and those amazing eyes that makes him the "total package" and irresistable.

Replying to:

Yes, I've read Brak's post and found it fascinating. There are so many theories out there that it is hard to decide on just one of them. Maybe it is a combination of things. All we can do right now is speculate until one of us gets bitten, lol

Replying to:

I'm not sure if Caleb type vampires exist (or EVEY female would want to be 'bitten') but the theory holds alot merit. I've never thought that this one tiny little planet was the only one in the universe that had 'life' on it, and there Is alot more then 'scientists' can explain through "rational thought". If I'm to remember correctly, the 'vampire myths' came to light in many different centuries and locations and I don't think everyone 'read the same book'. I'm intrigued by the idea of vampires but, untill I was "bitten by Caleb" I never gave it much thought. I also remember Brakula's post "Vampire Mythos" so it requires more in depth thought.

Replying to:

Thanks for posting this. This subject interests me a lot, and your theory gives me hope that vampires are not just the beautiful visions of dream and myth. It has been awhile since I read Lethbridge, but I remember a bit about the ley lines. When I visited Cornwall, England several years ago, I was fascinated with the stone circles and prevalence of reportedly supernatural happenings around certain geographic areas, perhaps related to the ley lines.

Replying to:

~Consider this~

*Scientists had a good laugh in 1856, when Paul du Chaillu returned from the Congo and described his encounter with a hairy giant. Du Chaillu was the first white man to see a gorilla. Gorillas did not exist in 1856 because the scientists of London and Paris said they did not exist. People are still seeing things that do not exist scientifically.

*Nearly every culture and country in the world has their own version of the vampire but no matter how far apart these cultures are, their descriptions of the vampires all share common characteristics.

*ancient cities and creatures from mythology thought to be only fiction have been proven to exist - ie) the city of Troy, and the kraken from Greek mythology.

*prehistoric creatures thought to be extinct millions of years ago have proven to exist now.

THE 4th DIMENSION THEORY

I recently saw the movie The Mothman Prophecies, which fascinated me, so of course I had to go and buy the book. The author, John Keel, (the protaganist in Mothman, which is based on a true story), mentions a really interesting theory about the appearance and sightings of mysterious creatures and UFOs that a number of parapsychologists mention and something that I have actually hit upon in my own thoughts after reading parapsychology books.

Here's how it goes - These creatures and strange events tend to recur in the same areas (but sometimes, like in the case of the vampire, in a number of different locations), year after year, century after century. Every time hunters, helicopters, etc. look for them, they failed to find a trace of a hiding place. Some reserchers, parapsychologists etc speculate that another world exists outside our space-time continum or our plane of existance and these creatures have found doors from their world to ours.

There is more to this theory, but it gets more complicated, and starts involving quantum physics, time travel, different realities, vibration rates, vortices etc. For more info on this read John Keel, Jacques Vallee, T.C. Lethbridge

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do Vampires Really Exist? - The 4th Dimension Theory

His looks aren't classically perfect, but he has the most gorgeous, hypnotic, seductive eyes and beautifully curved, sensual lips of anyone I've ever seen. All in all, he's an utterly, irresistibly sexy man. That brief teasing moment of him in the limo today on Port Charles was extremely mesmerizing and arousing. I'm thrilled that he's back and is probably going to be eventually revealed as Caleb again.

Replying to:

If they all looked like Caleb, there would be a line-up a mile long to get some of those 'bites'. I might get slaughtered for this comment but while watching Mutant X and Michael Easton, I 'picked' his looks apart and found him not all that hsandsome. His nose has been broken more then once, his hair REALLY needs to be cut, maybe washed too and a shave might help. Picked apart, IMO he looks like any other 'average' man. But then if you look at the whole package' he's hot, sexy, handsome and draws the most amazing fantasies out. I guess it's the whole combination, the depth of passion within him, his aura and those amazing eyes that makes him the "total package" and irresistable.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

~Consider this~

THE 4th DIMENSION THEORY