Gunfighters Web Forum

Forum: Gunfighters Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DONALD "DON" R. BACH 1950 - 2002

I was shocked and saddened to hear of the passing of Don Bach at the age of 52. His tireless efforts to put together and maintain this excellent website pays tribute to the brave military personnel who served in and around DaNang. Don was clearly a true patriot and will be missed greatly. All Vietnam Veterans owe a debt of gratitude to Don. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
I recently lost one of my best friends, Ron Amptmann, to heart failure. Ron was on vacation in Africa, he was 54 years old and also served in Vietnam. I also had heart problems 18 months ago which resulted in open heart surgery to have a mechanical heart valve installed. I am also 54 and served at DaNang in the 389th TFS. I have fully recovered and have a good prognosis at this time.
My advice to all Vietnam Veterans and people in general over the age of 50 or even earlier, is to have a complete medical exam, it saved my life. We are not always given a signal that there is a problem, especially with our hearts.
The "Moving Wall" was recently in my city which honors all those that perished in the Vietnam War. We should also not forget the sacrifices of Vietnam Veterans whose names are not on the wall. I will never forget Don for his service to our Country and providing so many Vietnam Veterans the opportunity to heal through the use of his website.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools