Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Very cool post, thanks for sharing it!

I don't think Tony/Bob went up with the first few groups into the apartment. I recall he waited with the people out by the street, quietly telling the story of when Andy met Elvis (it was around 2:00 a.m. by this time) while the first group or two went up... I'm not sure if I was in the 2nd or 3rd group, but he was still down there with Andy Dick chatting him up when I returned. So if he went up, I'm supposing it was with the last batch of folks? Anyway, while I was there, I only saw maybe four "Houdini" postcards sitting on the counter by the kitchen, and that was it. So I wonder if someone up there was replenishing the cards? I've never heard the Ventura Beach one mentioned before.

Re: Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Thanks a bunch for reading it!

Actually, I didn't just "notice" one of the postcards. I also snagged one of them. The one that say's "It is not over." I still have it somewhere, and when I dig it up I'll try to take a pic of it with my webcam then post the image here.

If this all isn't some elaborate hoax, then what is it? I wonder. Didn't somebody else receive a postcard or something from Graceland? Wasn't it supposedly from Maddox? Sorry. I'm vague on that whole Graceland thing.

Re: Re: Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Someone pointed out some time back that if you visit:

http://www.fastboards.com/boards/board.cgi?user=claire_chanel

(Note the slight difference, an underscore between claire and chanel)

...you'll find that she's archived some of the old message board posts there, including a few which describe some of the "Graceland" stuff, as well as another which mentions the Houdini postcard and, I believe, other messages describing possible modern "Andy" sightings. She used to re-post these every so often.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Hey thanks. I vaguely remember reading Ruby's story. I have an autographed copy of Abel's "How to Thrive on Rejection" also. Have to campare his writing with Andy's -- for the hell of it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Hey, sorry for the time-delay of this post. I only occasionally look in on this stuff these days. Anyway, I'm the fellow that received the "Graceland" cards. One was a Houdini card just like the ones left in L.A. on 5/16/04, the other was a plain card with an Andy Kaufman signature. As Rob said, you can often find an archived version of my previous post on Claire's board.

Also, I recently found this info:

"Jack Bristow, a ... former double agent ... is often emotionally distant and can be among the ... coldest and most brutal characters. However, his ... defining trait is his devotion to the safety of his daughter... He is highly protective of her and is willing to do anything ... to ensure her well-being. His relationship with his daughter has always been problematic, although it warmed and matured as the show unfolded."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Andy Kaufman Lives

Someone the other day told me I have the same name as a guy on a TV show. Hmmmm. Which one?